The Pothigai Express is an overnight Superfast train service running between Chennai Egmore and Sengottai on the Southern Railway zone of the government-owned Indian Railways. The service was extended from Sengottai in 2008 following gauge conversion work the previous year.
Train 12661 starts daily at 8:50 pm, departing Chennai Egmore for Sengottai, and train number 12662 in the opposite direction.
- Chennai Egmore
- Villupuram Junction
- Vriddhachalam Junction
- Tiruchirapalli Junction
- Dindigul Junction
- Madurai Junction
- Virudhunagar Junction
- Pambu Kovil Shandy
- Vaigai Express
- Pandian Express
- Chennai Madurai AC Duronto Express
- Sethu Express
- Boatmail Express
- Rockfort Express
- Pallavan Express
- Tiruchirappalli – Tirunelveli Intercity Express
- "EXTENDED TO SENGOTTAI". Southern Railway press release No.186. 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-04.[dead link]
- Staff reporter (May 6, 2007). "Pothigai Express to run 6 days a week". The Hindu online edition. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Special correspondent (February 6, 2008). "Pothigai Express extended to Senkottai". The Hindu online edition. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- "Timings of Podhigai, Nellai Express trains to change". The Hindu online edition.
|This Indian rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|