|Location||Friendly CDP, Maryland|
|Elevation AMSL||118 ft / 36 m|
Potomac Airfield (ICAO: KVKX, FAA LID: VKX), also known as Potomac Airport (listen (help·info)), is a privately owned, public-use airport located in the Friendly census-designated place in unincorporated Prince George's County, Maryland, United States (just outside Washington, D.C.); it has a Fort Washington postal address. It is a general aviation airport, and there is no scheduled airline service available.
Potomac Airfield is one of the "Maryland 3" airports located within the Washington, D.C. Flight Restricted Zone (FRZ), so it is subject to the Special Flight Rules Area restrictions imposed by the FAA after the September 11 attacks.
It is located just 1.10 nautical miles (1.27 mi) west of the slightly larger Washington Executive Airport (aka Hyde Field).
Facilities and aircraft
Potomac Airfield Airport covers an area of 50 acres (20 ha) which contains one asphalt paved runway (6/24) measuring 2,665 x 40 ft (812 x 12 m). There are 91 aircraft based at this airport: 97% single engine and 3% multi-engine.
In popular culture
The airfield appears in a season 3 episode of Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman entitled "Mission Improbable". It is where the six FETCHers track down and eventually catch the spy which stole Ruff's prized collar.
- FAA Airport Master Record for VKX ( PDF), effective 2007-07-05
- Potomac Airfield (official site)
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Friendly CDP, MD." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on September 2, 2018. Previously Friendly had a different shape: "CENSUS 2000 BLOCK MAP: FRIENDLY CDP." In the 1990 U.S. Census Bureau maps of Prince George's County, Maryland (index map) Friendly CDP is on pages 27, 28, and 33.
- "3rd%20class%20medical%20-%20final%20-%20PUBLIC.pdf." Potomac Airfield. Retrieved on September 2, 2018. "10300 Glen Way * Fort Washington * MD "
- Great Circle Mapper: KVKX - Friendly, Maryland (Potomac Airfield)