University of the Potomac
- For the two-year college in West Virginia, see Potomac State College of West Virginia University.
|Motto||Knowledge for the global community|
|Nickname||Potomac, UOTP (two nicknames)|
|Affiliations||Middle States Commission on Higher Education|
University of the Potomac (formerly Potomac College) is a for-profit higher education institution in Washington, DC, and Vienna, Virginia. The school offers certificate programs, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Science, and Graduate program degrees in accounting, international business, government contract management, business, cyber security and policy, network security management, hospitality and tourism management, healthcare administration and information technology. University of the Potomac is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. 
University of the Potomac’s programs are tailored to a working population who seek the education necessary to reach the next career level. Qualified students can earn degrees in as few as 18 months, allowing them to more easily balance their jobs and families with school. Additionally, all courses are offered online. Students can also choose a hybrid program, which allows them to take both online and on-campus classes.
Admissions and financial aid
The University of the Potomac Board of Trustees announced its new President and CEO, Rick Murphree Ed.D, on September 26th, 2017 . Murphree has experience in many areas of higher education, including teaching, consulting, and acting as an accreditation liaison. Before becoming President of University of the Potomac, Murphree worked as an instructor for Boise State University , Eastern Wyoming Community College , SBB College, CA , and Brown Mackie College, ID. He was also a Principle Education Consultant for Effectual Business Services.
Prior to Dr. Murphree's appointment, Dr. Clinton Gardner was President of the University from May 2013 until September 2017. . Gardner had been a leader in higher education since 1985.
The university offers courses at two locations in Washington, DC and Vienna, Virginia as well as online. Both locations are easily accessible by public transportation, and the Washington, DC location is only 1 block from the McPherson Square Metro Station on the silver, orange, and blue lines. Students have the option to choose a completely online program, completely on campus, or a hybrid style featuring both online and on campus classes. International students attending University of the Potomac must complete at least 75% of their degree on campus.
University of the Potomac offers a five-year international BA/MBA Program under a partnership with University of Business and International Studies in Geneva, Switzerland. The bachelor's degree is completed in the first 3.5 years and the MBA is completed after one additional year.
- "Potomac College Becomes University of the Potomac; Announces New Washington, D.C. Campus". PRWeb. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- Overview : Potomac College, U.S. News and World Reports, 2008
- National Center for Education Statistics (2008). "College Navigator - Potomac College". Retrieved 2010-08-05.
- "Message from the President". University of the Potomac. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "Formal Announcement of Dr. Clinton Gardner, new President and CEO of University of the Potomac". University of the Potomac. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Plumb, Tierney (2008-05-29). "Potomac College launches new business program".