Trennert Type Foundry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Potsdam Schnitt)
The following foundry types were issued by the Trennert foundry:
- Fortuna (1930, Friedrich Bauer)
- Friedrich-Bauer-Grotesk (before 1936, Friedrich Bauer), in addition to a basic face, there were three other versions, halbfette, fette, and an in-line version, lichte. Also cast by Genzsch & Heyse, A.G..
- Potsdam Schnitt (before 1936), four versions, magerer, halbfetter, fetter, and schmal-halbfetter.
- Rheingold (1936, Erich Mollowitz), in two weights, magerer and fetter. Later copied by Weber as Forelle and by Stephenson Blake as Mercury.
- Trennert (1926-27, Friedrich Bauer), in addition to a basic face, there is an italic (with swash capitals), a semi-bold, a bold, and a bold condensed.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Type foundry.|
- Genzmer, Fritz, Das Buch des Setzers, 1948.
- List of foundry types taken from these sources:
- Jaspert, W. Pincus, W. Turner Berry and A.F. Johnson, The Encyclopedia of Type Faces, Blandford Press Lts.: 1953, 1983, ISBN 0-7137-1347-X, p. 2408-2409.
- "Foundry Type Fonts of German Type Foundries at the End of the Nazi Era Pro" (PDF). Ulrich Stiehl. 22 February 1999. Retrieved 9 November 2011.