Athirappilly is twenty-eight kilometres from Potta, Vazhachal Falls (5 km away) and Thumboormuzhi Dam(12 km away). Located on route are two water theme parks: Dream World and Silver Storm.
Potta Divine Retreat
The Potta-Divine retreat ministry is part of the renewal movement of the Vincentian Congregation of India, based on Catholic spiritual traditions by St. Vincent de Paulis a derivative of the Potta ministry . A popular Mission Center, previously known as Divine Retreat Centre, is located in Potta. The annual Potta Bible Convention takes place in January and attracts one million Christians from all over the world The Divine Retreat Centre in Muringoor is six kilometers from the railway station.
- [Korattymuthy], Marian Pilgrimage Tour Travel Destination and Catholic Marian Pilgrim centre in Koratty, near Chalakudy.
- Dream World Water Theme Park (east of town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
- Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (east of town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
- Oil palm Plantation (en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
- Silver Storm Water Theme Park (east of town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
- Athirappilly Waterfalls (east of Town).
- Ezhattumukham (twelve km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge).
- Charpa Falls (The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (east of town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
- Vazhachal falls and Resorts (east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
- Chalakudy River, three kilometers from Potta and south on NH-47 highway, has a rich fish diversity .
Anakkayam Anakkayam, which means the "Elephant pit" , is on the Athirappilly route and noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and acts as a restorative haven for people who wish to escape from their city lives and "concrete jungles". The bubbling streams, natural rock formations, and colorful flora are major attractions for the weary traveler. Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary contributes to the peaceful ambiance. The fascinating Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project is Asia's second deepest dam . Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam are located near the Athirappilly waterfalls.
Places of worship
- Potta Pambambottu Siva Temple (Koodal Manikyam Devaswam, Irinjalakuda)
- Madathil kavu Temple(Devi temple)
- Parakotikalingal Temple(Devi temple)
- Nanatty Bhagavathy Vishnumaya temple
- Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor, Potta
- Little flower Church Potta
- St. Antony's Church [Perambra -Thrissur]
- Jumamasjid; 3 km away
Potta is conveniently connected by air, rail, and road. Located very close to the National Highway 47; it is south of Thrissur, north of Ernakulam, and Cochin International Airport (Nedumbassery); easy access by major airlines, including British Airways. Chalakudy railway station is just five kilometers away; Enquiry number (0480-2701368). Chalakudy Town –Vazhachal road also known as state highway-21, is a two-lane road.
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School 1895
- St Antony's C.G.H.S, Kottat 1919
- Sacred Heart Higher Secondary Girls School 1925
- C.K.M.N.S.S Higher Secondary School 1980
- Panampilli Govinda Menon Government College Potta
- Carmel Higher Secondary School,Chalakudy 1975
- Carmel Academy,Chalakudy
Chalakudi assembly constituency is part of Mukundapuram (Lok Sabha constituency).
- www.drcm.org. Copyright; Divine Retreat Center]
- Onam 2013 : Kerala University Results
- Tamil Nadu-favtourism.blogspot.com/2013/05