Pottier P.220S Koala
|Role||Two-seat light aircraft|
|Developed from||Pottier P210S Coati|
Design and development
The Koala is based on the earlier P.210S Coati, a single-seat tailwheel monoplane. The Koala is a mainly metal construction low-wing monoplane with a swept-back single fin and powered by a 75 hp (56 kW) VW/Limbach engine. It has a fixed tricycle landing gear and an enclosed cabin for two side-by-side.
Three and four-seat variants have been produced and others with different engines have also been built in the Czech Republic by Evektor and Aertotechnik, and in Italy by SG Aviation.
- Two-seats side-by-side , fixed tri-gear; the predecessor of later models like the P220S
- P220S Koala
- Two-seats side-by-side, fixed tri-gear and powered for example by a 80 hp (60 kW) Limbach engine (At the builder's choice).
- P230S Panda
- Three-seat variant of P220S with a 100 hp (75 kW) Continental O-200 engine.
- P240S Saiga
- Four-seat variant with a 180 hp (134 kW) Lycoming engine.
- P250S Xerus
- Two-seat tandem seat variant, has a one-piece canopy rather than a two-piece as other variants.
- P270S Amster
- Four-seat variant like the P.240S but with a 150 hp (112 kW) Lycoming engine.
Specifications (P.220S Koala)
Data from Jane's All the World's Aircraft 1999-2000
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 1 passenger
- Length: 5.54 m (18 ft 2 in)
- Wingspan: 6.50 m (21 ft 4 in)
- Height: 1.95 m (6 ft 4½ in)
- Wing area: 8.00 m2 (86.1 ft2)
- Aspect ratio: 5.3
- Empty weight: 275 kg (606 lb)
- Gross weight: 500 kg (1102 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × VW/Limbach, 56 kW (75 hp)
- Maximum speed: 250 km/h (155 mph)
- Cruising speed: 190 km/h (118 mph)
- Stall speed: 90 km/h (56 mph)
- Range: 700 km (435 miles)
- G limits: +5.7
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pottier aircraft.|
- Jackson 1999, pp. 130