|Poulton shown within Gloucestershire|
|Population||408 (2011 Census)|
|• London||90 mi (140 km) E|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
Poulton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Gloucestershire, approximately 24 miles (39 km) to the south-east of Gloucester. It lies in the south of the Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. In the 2001 United Kingdom census, the parish had a population of 398, increasing to 408 at the 2011 census.
Poulton was listed as Poltone in the Domesday Book of 1086. Historically, the village was part of the county of Wiltshire and for centuries was—physically detached from Wiltshire—an enclave of Gloucestershire. In 1844, under the Counties (Detached Parts) Act, Poulton became part of Gloucestershire.
There was a parish church at Poulton by at least 1337, when the lord of the manor, Sir Thomas Seymour, endowed it with a chantry. In 1348, Seymour built what became the Priory of St Mary. From 1539, with the Dissolution of the Monasteries, the priory was used as the Poulton's parish church. It was demolished in 1873. The current parish church, dedicated to St Michael and All Angels, was built in 1873 by William Butterfield.
Poulton is part of the Hampton ward of the district of Cotswold, represented by Councillor David Fowles, a member of the Conservative Party. Poulton is part of the constituency of The Cotswolds, represented at parliament by Conservative Member of Parliament (MP) Geoffrey Clifton-Brown. It is part of the South West England constituency of the European Parliament.
- "Area: Poulton CP (Parish) — Parish Headcounts", Neighbourhood Statistics, Office for National Statistics, retrieved 12 August 2011
- "Parish population 2011.Retrieved 24 March 2015".
- "Documents Online — Image Details", www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/, The National Archives, retrieved 13 June 2011
- "Poulton — Welcome", Official website, Poulton Parish Council, retrieved 13 June 2011
- Pugh & Crittall, p. 319
- "Church of St Michael and All Angels", National Heritage List for England, English Heritage, retrieved 13 June 2011
- Councillors Members, Cotswold District Council, retrieved 14 November 2014
- "Find Your MP — The Cotswolds", www.parliament.uk, Parliament of the United Kingdom, retrieved 13 June 2011
- Media related to Poulton, Gloucestershire at Wikimedia Commons