|Headquarters||28 Church Rd
London, UK, United Kingdom
|Ilya Spitalnik (Co-Founder and CEO), Daniel Zaturansky (Co-Founder and COO), Sven Hoffman (Co-Founder and CTO), Oren Mashkovski (Co-Founder and Director)|
|Products||PowToon Web-based animation software|
PowToon was founded in January 2012, following a $180k seed round investment in December 2011. The company released a beta version in August 2012 and has seen fast subscriber growth since. In December 2012 PowToon secured $600,000 investment from LA based Venture Capital firm Startup Minds. In February 2013 PowToon introduced a free account option allowing users to create animated videos that can be exported to YouTube. The free videos include the PowToon branding.
PowToon is Web-based animation software that allows users to create animated presentations by manipulating pre-created objects, imported images, provided music and user created voice-overs. Powtoon uses an Apache Flex engine to generate an XML file that can be played in the Powtoon online viewer, exported to YouTube or downloaded as an MP4 file.
- Perez, Sarah. TechCrunch, June 26th, 2012, "Now Everyone Can Make Marketing Videos: PowToon Launches DIY Presentation Tool"
- "Dec 13, 2011: Powtoon - Funding RoundSeed | crunchbase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- Powtoon Website
- Perez, Sarah, TechCrunch, Dec 14, 2012, "DIY Animation Platform PowToon Grabs $600K For Its Video Creation Software"
- Mersand, Shannon (May 2014). "Product Review: PowToon". Tech and Learning. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- PowToon - Chrome Web Store, Feb 2015, retrieved 25 February 2015
- PowToon by PowToon Ltd, Feb 2015, retrieved 25 February 2015
|This animation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|