Power Rangers in Space
|Power Rangers in Space|
|Also known as||Saban's Power Rangers in Space|
|Created by||Haim Saban|
|Based on||Denji Sentai Megaranger|
by Toei Company
|Developed by||Saban Entertainment|
|Directed by||Jonathan Tzachor|
|Starring||Tracy Lynn Cruz|
Patricia Ja Lee
Christopher Khayman Lee
Glenn Scott Lacey
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||43|
|Executive producers||Haim Saban|
|Production locations||California (Santa Clarita & Los Angeles) |
Japan (Saitama, Kyoto, Yokohama and Tokyo)
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production companies||Saban Entertainment|
Renaissance Atlantic Entertainment
Toei Company, Ltd.
MMPR Productions, Inc.
|Original network||Fox (Fox Kids)|
|Original release||February 6 –|
November 21, 1998
|Preceded by||Power Rangers Turbo|
|Followed by||Power Rangers Lost Galaxy|
As with all Power Rangers programs, in Space is based on one of the entries of the Super Sentai series. However, due to miscommunication between the United States and Japan as to the contents of the Sentai series, much of the space footage is original to the American adaptation. In Space was a turning point for the Power Rangers franchise, as the season brought closure to six seasons of plot, and it ended the practice of having regular cast members act in consecutive seasons - which had been in existence since 1993. The theme of this series, and its successor, the Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, bears little similarity to their Sentai counterparts.
Picking up where Power Rangers Turbo left off, Dark Specter has captured Zordon and is beginning to drain his powers. An assortment of old and new villains praise his victory, but an unexpected figure uncovers his plan: the Red Space Ranger, Andros. Dark Specter orders the Princess of Evil, Astronema, to eliminate Andros so he can't jeopardize his plans.
Meanwhile, four of the former Turbo Rangers (T.J. Johnson, Carlos Vallerte, Ashley Hammond and Cassie Chan) and Alpha 6 are traveling in a NASADA space shuttle with the intent to save Zordon. They are pulled aboard the Astro Megaship and later encounter Andros. Though initially suspicious and dismissive of the four former Turbo Rangers, Andros realizes he'll need their help to save Zordon and gives them each an Astro Morpher. Additionally, modifications allow the NASADA space shuttle and the Astro Megaship to combine into the powerful Astro Megazord. The new Space Rangers team then returns to Earth for repairs and supplies, but are followed by Astronema.
The Space Rangers alternate between searching for Zordon and protecting Earth. From the Dark Fortress, Astronema seeks to eliminate them via Ecliptor (who raised her), Quantrons and a variety of monsters. Elgar has also been added to her team, but he remains a comedic bungler. Over time, allies (such as Phantom Ranger, Justin Stewart and Adam Park) offer the Rangers invaluable aid, with Zhane (the Silver Space Ranger) emerging from cryo-sleep and joining the team. New Zords are also introduced. Meanwhile, Bulk and Skull become assistants to wacky scientist Professor Phenomenus and join him in searching for aliens.
While dedicated to finding Zordon, Andros has another quest: finding his sister, Karone, who was kidnapped when they were children. Over time, Andros discovers his sister was kidnapped by Darkonda, the arch rival of Ecliptor who has multiple lives. Much to Andros' surprise, it turns out that Karone is Astronema, who was raised by Ecliptor to be evil. Andros is able to convince Astronema of the truth and she defects with Ecliptor's help. Unfortunately just as quickly, she and Ecliptor are both recaptured and reprogrammed to follow Dark Specter.
The reprogramming of Ecliptor worked excellent at first in returning him to being completely hostile to the Space Rangers, but the reprogramming also seemed to fade a tiny bit towards the end of the season. On the other hand, Astronema had become more evil than ever, as she not only wants to destroy the Space Rangers, but also Dark Specter. To that end, she unleashes the Psycho Rangers. The five robotic and borderline insane villains possess great power, which secretly comes from Dark Specter. Every time they fight, Dark Specter is drained of power and grows weaker. Individually, each Psycho Ranger is too powerful for their Space Ranger equivalents. But the Psycho Rangers are not as good with teamwork, and the six Space Rangers are able to overcome them with a great deal of effort and teamwork. Soon after, the Rangers suffer setbacks that see two Megazords destroyed, which are the Delta Megazord and The Mega Voyager.
Everything culminates in the two-part finale, "Countdown to Destruction", where Zordon is nearly completely drained and Dark Specter orders the villains under his command to attack the entire universe. Across the universe, the Alien, Gold Zeo and Phantom Rangers, the Blue Senturion, and KO-35's rebels are defeated and captured. The Space Rangers struggle to defend Earth, but are overwhelmed and forced to retreat. Even Zhane and his Zord, the Mega Winger, are no match, with the Mega Winger ending up destroyed. The treacherous Darkonda kills Dark Specter, who returns the favor before his own death, leaving Astronema in command as the Queen of Evil. While Andros boards the Dark Fortress to appeal to his sister, the remaining five Space Rangers engage in one last fight for Earth and are joined by the citizens of Angel Grove, with Bulk and Skull leading the charge.
On the Dark Fortress, Andros finds Zordon, who requests his energy tube be shattered. Doing so will release good energy that will destroy the forces of evil and save the universe, but also kill him. Following battles with Astronema and Ecliptor, Andros has no choice but to comply. The many monsters are subsequently turned to dust by the energy wave (including Ecliptor), while Lord Zedd, Rita Repulsa, Divatox and Astronema are changed into normal, non-evil humans. With the universe now safe, T.J., Cassie, Carlos, Ashley and Alpha 6 intend to settle down on Earth. Though initially intending to remain on KO-35 with their people, Andros, Zhane and Karone decide to join their friends on Earth.
The original pre-bible for in Space, drafted before the start of Power Rangers Turbo's second half, was placed online in June 2011. The first half includes synopses of Megaranger episodes, with a mix of Japanese names and intended US names, and a breakdown of how much sentai footage was "usable"; there is a list of weaponry and Zords introduced, how often they appear, and the monsters and how they are destroyed. It then goes on to set out the plans for the in Space adaptation.
Both Astronema and Andros were originally absent, with the Phantom Ranger finding out about Dark Specter's plan instead, and Justin was going to remain in the team. Instead of losing their powers and base at the end of Turbo, the Rangers would be given their Space powers by Dimitria (the Turbo mentor) so they could head into space and save Zordon. Their spacecraft would have had a limited power supply and could only be recharged by the Power Chamber on Earth, forcing them to keep returning; otherwise, they would hop from planet to planet, encountering new and returning villains, and picking up clues for Zordon's whereabouts. Divatox was still going to be the main recurring villain, with Ecliptor as her new second-in-command. Bulk and Skull formed a volunteer Citizen Force Group to try and protect Angel Grove while the Rangers were away. The Silver Ranger was the subject of debate, as Saban were unsure if they wanted to use him.
In Space would have seen Carranger villain Exhaus used as Dark Specter - he would instead be the monster Goldgoyle for the end of Turbo. The Rangers were going to have a base in Earth orbit called the new Power Dome: it was to be realized by "a giant pyramid made of silky material... the walls of silk will change constantly with special effects lights creating the different moods". The "Space Station" (Astro Megaship) interior was going to recycle the Power Chamber set; footage would be shot for the villain's "Evil Platform" set ahead of time and used as recurring stock footage.
In Space was originally written as the final season for the series, as the ratings began to decline following Turbo. However, In Space ended up being an unexpected success and with fan interest returning, Saban and Fox decided to continue production of the series.
The Red Space Ranger, and the leader of the team; a native of the planet KO-35 and leader of the Space Rangers. He uses his Ranger powers to defeat Astronema and try to recover his sister Karone. He also serves as Ashley's love interest. He piloted the Mega V1 Robo Zord and his primary weapon is the Spiral Saber. He is portrayed by Christopher Khayman Lee.
- Carlos Vallerte
The Black Space Ranger and previously the second Green Turbo Ranger. He piloted the Mega V2 Shuttle Zord and his primary weapon is the Lunar Lance. He is portrayed by Roger Velasco.
- Theodore Jay "T.J." Jarvis Johnson
The Blue Space Ranger and second in command. He was previously the second Red Turbo Ranger, and leader of the Turbo Rangers. He piloted the Mega V3 Rocket and his primary weapon is the Astro Axe. He is portrayed by Selwyn Ward.
- Ashley Hammond
The Yellow Space Ranger and previously the second Yellow Turbo Ranger. She serves as Andros' love interest. She pilots the Mega V4 Saucer Zord and her primary weapon is the Star Slinger. She is portrayed by Tracy Lynn Cruz.
- Cassie Chan
The Pink Space Ranger and previously the second Pink Turbo Ranger. She pilots the Mega V5 Tank Zord and her primary weapon is the Satellite Stunner. She is portrayed by Patricia Ja Lee.
The Silver Space Ranger; he is kept in a hidden room inside the Megaship, cryogenically asleep for two years because he was badly injured in his last battle while saving Andros from a monster. When he was accidentally released, he helped the Rangers, but is affected by a 2.5-minute morphing time limit which he is later able to remove by absorbing a bolt of lightning with his Morpher. He piloted the Mega Winger Zord and his primary weapon is the Super Silverizer. During the Psycho Ranger saga, in an effort to confuse the and throw off the Psycho Rangers, he temporarily faked being Psycho Silver. He is portrayed by Justin Nimmo.
- Astro Megazord: Combination of Astro Megashuttle and Astro Megaship. The Astro Megazord's weapons are the Astro Megazord Saber, a sword which the Astro Megazord can use to perform a wide variety of attacks; Laser Whip – an energy whip that is used to weaken an opponent; Astro Megazord Shield, which can protect the Astro Megazord and enable it to safely enter Earth's atmosphere; and Astro Megazord Blaster, a gun created from the MegaShuttle's booster sled which originally enabled the Astro Megashuttle to make it into space. The Astro Megazord Blaster can fire energy blasts or freezing gas to freeze opponents.
- Delta Megaship/Delta Megazord: An additional Megazord that is activated and controlled by Andros using the Battlizer device. One panel in the central control room was for the program to start it with another to start a self-destruct program. Its armaments consist of two small guns known and two Gatling blasters arms (Gyro Blasters). When the Battlizer is placed into the Astro Megazord's controls it allows for the Delta Megazord to combine with it to form the Astro Delta Megazord. The Delta Megazord was destroyed near the finale by Red Ecliptor.
- Astro Delta Megazord: Combination of Astro Megazord and Delta Megazord. In this mode the Delta Megazord's Gyro Blasters are positioned on the shoulders of the Astro Delta Megazord and three times stronger than normal. The Astro Delta Megazord's finisher is called the Flying Power Punch where it fires both fist like rockets to destroy the enemy.
- Mega Vehicles: The five Mega Vehicles were combined into Mega Voyager. Mega Voyager used the top section of Mega V3 as its main weapon for the Mega V3 Missile Mode finisher. When Mega Winger donates its Mega Wing, Mega Voyager becomes Winged Mega Voyager, which could use the flying rocket attack. A more powered-up version, used to destroy the last three Psycho Rangers, was the Full Power Blast. Aside from using Mega V3 as a weapon, Mega Voyager has also used Astro Megazord Saber. It continued to be the Space Rangers' primaryzord until it was destroyed in the final battle with Tankenstein in the series finale.
- Mega V1: Piloted by Andros, Mega V1 is a humanoid robot (based on an astronaut's spacesuit) with two large missile batteries on its shoulders. Forms the waist and upper legs of Mega Voyager.
- Mega V2: Piloted by Carlos Vallerte, Mega V2 is a space shuttle that can fire an energy blast from its nose. Forms Mega Voyager's head and shield.
- Mega V3: Piloted by T.J. Johnson, Mega V3 is a large rocket ship that becomes the Voyager Spartan weapon for Mega Voyager, and also becomes Mega Voyager's lower legs and abdominal area. Andros often used it as a surfboard for Mega V1.
- Mega V4: Piloted by Ashley Hammond, Mega V4 is a UFO-like spaceship that can fire energy blasts from its wings. Forms Mega Voyager's body and arms, and the blasters on both sides of its thrusters attach to Mega Voyager's head. The jet engines also serve as the firing apparatus for the Mega Voyager's Mega Laser.
- Mega V5: Piloted by Cassie Chan, Mega V5 is a covered tank with two large cannons on top. Forms Mega Voyager's feet.
- Mega Winger: Personal zord of Zhane. It could change from Flyer Mode to Fighter Mode at phenomenal speed with the command "Mega Winger Transform". It could donate its Mega Wing to Mega Voyager, transforming it into Winged Mega Voyager.
- Alpha 6
After his voice chip was damaged during the destruction of the Power Chamber, he received a new voice chip, but does not sound the same and has a different personality. Alpha no longer speaks like a New Yorker and now uses his predecessor's catchphrase. He is voiced by Wendee Lee (uncredited).
The on-board computer on the Megaship, D.E.C.A. responds to voice commands and is able to articulate in 3000 known languages. The ship is constantly monitored by her through cameras located in every room on the ship. She can also perform retinal scans. She is voiced by Julie Maddalena.
- Adelle Ferguson
Owner of the Surf Spot, the Rangers' new hangout; from observation, she appears to have bought Youth Center from Jerome Stone and converted it. She is portrayed by Aloma Wright.
- Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
Returning once again from Turbo, he and Skull decide to seek out renowned alien expert Professor Phenomenus when they catch a glimpse of a UFO in the sky. He is portrayed by Paul Schrier.
- Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
Bulk's best friend, and his opposite in appearance and mentality; Skull is thin and more stupid than Bulk, to the point that he has to be told what to be thinking of. Skull is best known for his high-pitched laughter. He is portrayed by Jason A. Narvy.
- Professor Phenomenus
A strange yet brilliant scientist who is constantly on the search for aliens on Earth. Bulk and Skull sought him out when they caught a glimpse of a UFO in the sky. The trio's misadventures and antics would often have them crossing paths with the Rangers. He is portrayed by Jack Banning.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Turtles were summoned and brainwashed by Astronema to fight the Rangers. Her control over them is later broken, and they team up with the Rangers to battle Astronema's forces. Before returning to New York, the Turtles had one request: space surfing on the Galaxy Gliders. Due to Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation being filmed in Vancouver, none of the Turtles' voice actors reprised their roles for their appearance.
The leader of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He is voiced by Michael Reisz.
The aggressive member of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He is voiced by Derek Stephen Prince.
The scientific member of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He is voiced by Ezra Weisz.
The fun-loving member of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He is voiced by Tony Oliver.
- Venus de Milo
A female turtle who is the latest member of the group. She is voiced by Tifanie Christun.
- Alien Rangers
The Power Rangers from the water planet Aquitar. They have been allies to the Power Rangers of Earth, since Zordon called upon them when Master Vile reversed Earth's time. The Alien Rangers were later seen fighting Divatox's army.
- Justin Stewart
T.J., Cassie, Ashley, and Carlos' former teammate. After the destruction of the Power Chamber and the loss of the Turbo powers, Justin elected to remain on Earth to be with his father. Storm Blaster tracked him down and gave Justin a new Turbo morpher, to help the Space Rangers. He is portrayed by Blake Foster.
Andros' sister and the main anti-hero of the series, She was kidnapped as a child by Darkonda and handed over to Dark Specter. Karone was raised by Ecliptor, who became a father figure to her. He told that her parents were killed by the Power Rangers, she would come to be known as "Astronema", Princess of Evil. She would eventually discover the truth and defect to the Rangers' side for a time, before being captured and brainwashed to be completely loyal to Dark Specter when she went to the Dark Fortress in order to reprogram an asteroid that Dark Specter had sent on a collision course with Earth. Karone was eventually reverted to herself by Zordon's energy wave in the finale. She is portrayed by Melody Perkins.
- Trey of Triforia (Gold Zeo Ranger)
Wielder of the Golden Power Staff, who temporarily passed his powers onto Jason Scott in Zeo, while he healed after being split into three distinct personalities. Trey was later seen fighting Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd's army.
- Blue Senturion
An intergalactic police officer from 2000; he originally was sent back in time to warn Dimitria of the United Alliance of Evil's plot, but now helps enforce the law and defeat villains. He also assisted the Turbo Rangers, before departing to Eltar with Dimitria to help Zordon. The Blue Senturion was later seen with the Phantom Ranger fighting the Machine Empire's army. He is voiced by David Walsh (uncredited).
- Phantom Ranger
A Ranger of unknown origins. He had helped the second Turbo Rangers fight Divatox. He and Cassie share a bond. The Phantom Ranger helped the rangers gain access to a new Megazord and was later seen with the Blue Senturion fighting the Machine Empire's army.
Founder and former mentor of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Power Rangers Zeo, and original Turbo Rangers. Zordon returned to his home planet of Eltar, only to be captured; Dark Specter proceeded to continually drain Zordon of his powers while filling his container with lava, ensuring all Rangers would lose hope. With Dark Specter's destruction, Zordon regained his powers, only to sacrifice himself to unleash an energy wave that wiped out the United Alliance of Evil. He is voiced by Robert L. Manahan (uncredited).
- Adam Park
Carlos' predecessor and Zack's successor, Adam was the second Black Mighty Morphin Ranger, Green Zeo Ranger, and the first Green Turbo Ranger. When Carlos began doubting himself following a disastrous fight with Lizwizard, Adam helped him through it. Adam also held onto his morpher when Rito destroyed his team's powers. He succeeded in morphing into the Black Mighty Morphin Ranger once more, though it nearly killed him. He is portrayed by Johnny Yong Bosch.
- Dark Specter
The "Grand Monarch of Evil", who all other villains fear, Dark Specter appears as a gigantic lava-monster. He is the leader of the United Alliance of Evil. He was shown to have the ability to shape shift. Dark Specter was responsible for the fall of Eltar, he managed to capture Zordon and proceeded to slowly drain his powers throughout the season. He nearly met his end with the creation of the Psycho Rangers, who drew their energy from the evil monarch every time they fought. He was killed in the finale by Darkonda, who had stolen a Velocifighter armed with an experimental laser. With his dying breath, he devoured Darkonda before exploding. He is voiced by Christopher Grey.[a]
The "Princess of Evil", Astronema is a sinister and ruthless villainess who was groomed as a child in the ways of evil. It is later discovered that she is Karone, sister of the Red Space Ranger Andros. She defected to the Rangers' side for a time, before being captured, brainwashed and given cybernetic implants which overwrote her emotions. As a result of this, her demeanor became cold, and even more ruthless and evil than before. She would later create the Psycho Rangers and link their powers directly to Dark Specter in an attempt to do away with the monarch and take power for herself. When Dark Specter is killed in the finale, she becomes the "Queen of Evil", she is seemingly killed accidentally during a confrontation with Andros, but is revived by Andros' tears. In Power Rangers Beast Morphers, Astronema's gauntlet was found in Ryjack's collection of weapons. Astronema was Robo-Roxy's choice to rejoin Evox's army. Robo-Blaze remarks that Astronema was purified much of Robo-Roxy's disgust. She is portrayed by Melody Perkins.
A wire-frame model-themed robot who is Astronema's guardian and surrogate father. He raised Astronema to be evil, caring for her like his own daughter. After Astronema learns her true identity, Ecliptor remained devoted to his princess, defending her against the attacks of his own forces. Branded a traitor, he is given additional cybernetics that suppress his better nature and make him purely evil. Upon seeing Astronema seemingly slain by her brother, Ecliptor broke free of his programming to get revenge. Despite his fatherly affection for Astronema, and his high regard for loyalty and honor, Ecliptor was killed by Zordon's energy wave. He is voiced by Walter Lang.
Divatox's idiotic, illiterate nephew. He was reassigned to the Dark Fortress by Dark Specter, mostly to allow Divatox to move Zordon around the universe without his bumbling threatening to ruin things. He is killed by Zordon's energy wave. He is portrayed by Kenny Graceson and voiced by David Umansky.
A bandaged bounty hunter who was responsible for kidnapping Karone as a child. Sadistic and treacherous, Darkonda was the arch rival to Ecliptor. He was given 9 lives, but managed to lose all but one though bungling or being defeated. He planned to kill Dark Specter with the missile intended for Earth's destruction, but was swallowed by the evil monarch before he perished. He is voiced by Steve Kramer.
An entity which is created when Darkonda forcibly absorbs Ecliptor into himself, thereby adding all of Ecliptor's powers and some of Ecliptor's physical being to Darkonda's own. When Darkliptor exists, Darkonda's personality is dominant, and with Ecliptor's powers on top of Darkonda's, Darkliptor is near invincible. Ecliptor constantly tries to free himself from Darkliptor, and always succeeds eventually, to Darkonda's annoyance. He is voiced by Steve Kramer.
Astronema's foot soldiers. Appearing as silver robots with blades as their primary weapons. Like the Cogs before them, they pilot vehicles for attacks. The Quantrons are the fourth group of foot soldiers created for Power Rangers and don't have a Sentai counterpart.
Foot soldiers from the Astro Megaship simudeck's training program. A lightning bolt once hit the Megaship while T.J. And Ashley were doing a session, causing them to become real and hide among the people in Angel Grove by disguising themselves as humans. After fighting the Rangers, they then merged into a Conglomerate version of themselves. After being defeated by the Astro Megazord, they were once again part of the simudeck program. The Megaranger counterparts of the Craterites are called Soldiers Kunekune.
Divatox's foot soldiers from Power Rangers Turbo. Some of them were placed under Astronema's control.
The Psycho Rangers are five evil Rangers created by Astronema as part of her plans to destroy Dark Specter and originally drew their energy from him, who felt the drain more strongly if the Psychos fought hard. Though stronger than the Power Rangers, the Psycho Rangers were impatient, could not work together, and were unwilling to follow Astronema's plans, leading to them being destroyed by the Space Rangers before Dark Specter was. When grown, their true monster forms were revealed. As spirits, they sought a way to return to physical form. This led them to Secret City where they used a digitizing device in reverse to become real again. During the conflict, the Psycho Rangers take damage enough to assume their monster forms without growing. However, the Rangers digitized them into data cards. The data cards later ended up in Deviot's possession, who revived them in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, but they were again destroyed by both the Galaxy and Space Rangers.
The alternate continuity depicted in Boom Studios' comic series explains the origin of Psycho Rangers started from Supersonic Rangers (an adaption of Chikyu Sentai Fiveman debuted in Power Rangers Super Megaforce), centering the original Psycho Ranger, Psycho Green. Astronema's Psycho Rangers are revealed to be based on one of her past victims across the planets, thus unknowingly uses Psycho Green as the main pattern. In this adaption, alternatively takes place after Lost Galaxy, Astronema/Karone's Psycho Ranger was revived a third time by Psycho Green, giving Karone a chance to redeem herself while end up having a conflict with Space Rangers over redeeming her Psycho Rangers. After spending time with a redeemed Karone, her Psycho Rangers finally redeemed and start new lives.
In Power Rangers Beast Morphers, Psycho Red's data card was found in Ryjack's collection of weapons. Robo-Blaze was the one who suggested that they use the Re-Animizer to revive Psycho-Red only for Robo-Roxy to mention that he was obsessed with destroying the Red Ranger and might turn against them. When Robo-Blaze states that they should revive all the Psycho-Rangers, Snide states that they can only reanimate one of them.
- Psycho Red, later named Virgil in Boom Studios comic series
Psycho Red was the leader and the most powerful of the Psycho Rangers, as demonstrated when he faced all five Space Rangers in battle without aid. He was also the most impatient of the Psycho Rangers and became more and more frustrated when Astronema would not let them destroy the Space Rangers. Though each Psycho Ranger wanted to destroy their Space Ranger counterpart, Psycho Red was the most obsessed with doing so – even jeopardizing nearly successful plans. His monster form was a fire-like monster. Psycho Red was destroyed by the powered up V3 Missile attack from the Mega Voyager. He is portrayed and voiced by Patrick David.
- Psycho Black, later named Photon in Boom Studios comic series
Psycho Black was created as the evil counterpart of the Black Space Ranger. Of the five, he was the most level-headed and least rebellious. He was not too happy with Astronema's strategy, but followed her orders because he was afraid of being destroyed if he rebelled. He tended to disagree with Psycho Red, finding him too irrational. He stopped Psycho Red from killing Andros at a time when Red was refusing to obey Astronema's orders, angry that Red wanted all the glory for himself. His Psycho-Monster form was a rock golem who can use a rock-like tentacle. He was destroyed by a V3 Missile Attack from the Mega Voyager. He is portrayed and voiced by Michael Maize.
- Psycho Blue, later named Axe in Boom Studios comic series
Psycho Blue was designed to destroy the Blue Space Ranger. He had a seemingly unstable and insane personality - not unlike a raging psychopath. On one occasion, he beat TJ so hard that TJ had to be put in intensive care aboard the Megaship. Over time, his obsession with his counterpart got the better of him, to the point where he refused to give up when he faced five Blue Rangers (the other four main Rangers had re-colored their costumes to mimic the Blue costume). He rushed into battle, taking out four Rangers, but was eventually overpowered by the Blue and Silver Rangers. His Psycho Monster form is a crystalline ice monster with freezing powers. Psycho Blue was destroyed by the Winged Mega Voyager's V3 Missile Attack. He is voiced by Wally Wingert.
- Psycho Yellow, or Yellow for short in Boom Studios comic series
Psycho Yellow was the loner Ranger - she did not participate in battle as much as the others did. She preferred to let others do the dirty work while she claimed victory. She even double-crossed Psycho Pink, using her for her own scheme. Psycho Yellow was also able to infect the Mega Voyager and force it to fight against the Mega Winger and Delta Megazord after transforming into a computer virus. In her monster form, Psycho Yellow was a spider/hornet-like monster, and was destroyed by the energy that was absorbed from the Psycho Monsters' attack, which was then used to fire an ultra-charged V3 Missile attack. She is portrayed and voiced by Kamera Walton.
- Psycho Pink, later named Nokrea in Boom Studios comic series
Psycho Pink was the least fleshed out of the Psycho Rangers, though at times she appeared to be the most aggressive of them. When Astronema decided the Psycho Rangers would take on one Space Ranger at a time, Psycho Pink was selected to fight first. However, she went in a secret alliance with Psycho Yellow that ended abruptly when Yellow betrayed her. The Pink and Yellow Space Rangers used this to their advantage and defeated Psycho Pink. In her monster form, Psycho Pink was a plant-like monster and was destroyed by the Mega Voyager's V3 Missile attack. As seen in Lost Galaxy, she is revealed to be even more powerful than Psycho Red, even after Dark Specter's death, thus being directly responsible for the death of Kendrix, the original Galaxy Pink Ranger whom Karone succeeded. In Boom Studios' comic book continuity, unlike other Psycho Rangers, Psycho Pink's civilian form is visibly human-like alien, rather than just like Earth's humans, as well being the first redeemed Psycho Ranger in the said adaption. She is voiced by Vicki Davis.
- Psycho Green, also known as Trek
An exclusive character debuted in Boom Studios' comic book continuity. He was originally the Supersonic Green Ranger, a Sixth Ranger of a Ranger team from Xybria, a home planet of the Power Rangers Time Force Green Ranger Trip. He betrayed his teammates due to being mistreated by his leader Supersonic Red, Ace, although he did harbored his feelings towards Supersonic Pink, Star, despite understanding her incoming tragic decision. After seeking Dark Specter, he became the first ever Psycho Ranger, and the only one who is not a cyborg, as well as heavily have the combat tactics of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Green Ranger, unlike Astronema's Psycho Rangers. His transformation into Psycho Green progressively made Trek even as dangerous as Darkonda, losing his morals for many years. During his attempt to unseal Rita Repulsa on the moon, he killed most members of 1969's Mighty Morphin Rangers barring Terona Washington/Yellow and Grace Sterling/Red, whom manage to get Trek's Psycho Dagger for a future use against incoming evil threats after his supposed death by the hands of Nikolai Chukarin/Blue Ranger, whom Trek killed while in his flaming-headed dragon-like monster. In reality. Trek survived and was unable to unseal Rita due to requiring a long recovery of his power, thus went into hiding and observes many events throughout the live action events of Mighty Morphin up to Lost Galaxy. Trek also learned the presence of Astronema's Psycho Rangers, thus technically made him Astronema/Karone's "older brother". Trek revives Astronema's Psycho Rangers for a third time to lure Astronema/Karone back to evil, unaware that Karone went undercover by herself to redeem her Psycho Rangers and turn on Trek. He was about to kill Andros, whom Karone knocked him out via telepathy, but was stopped by a redeemed Psycho Pink. In the end, Trek is imprisoned by the now redeemed Psycho Rangers.
The monsters used in this season work for Astronema. The monsters are adapted from the monsters that are featured in Denji Sentai Megaranger. Some of the monsters have twisted parts while others appear to be robotic. To make a monster grow, Astronema would give orders to fire the Sattelaser at the monster making it grow.
- Manta Menace - A stingray monster occasionally fought on the Simudeck.
- Electrotramp (voiced by Blake Torney) - An electrical monster that Astronema used to draw out the Rangers to have her hypnotized Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "help" them defeat him. In battle, he summons large spheres of electricity which he then throws at his opponents. It was destroyed by the Ninja Turtles when Venus de Milo sends his electrical attack back at him.[b]
- Clawhammer (voiced by Kim Strauss) - A shrimp monster from the planet Kalderon who can project an energy blade from his claw. It was destroyed by the Astro Megazord.
- Voltage Hog (voiced by Kirk Tornton) - An unspecified electrical monster that can drain electricity from power lines and use it in its tentacles to fight its enemies. It was destroyed by the Astro Megazord.
- Elephantitan (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A titanic elephant monster used by Astronema. It was destroyed by the Astro Megazord.
- Waspicable (voiced by Ken Merckx) - Waspicable is a kind-hearted wasp monster. He was able to project powerful energy blasts from his eyes and teleport in a little ball beam. After helping to defeat Sting King, he planned to do good where he started by retrieving a girl's balloons that drifted into the air.[c]
- Sting King (voiced by Bob Papenbrook) - A robotic bee monster partnered with Waspicable. He could fire a rapid series of lasers from his stinger arm or release a swarm of bees. When in space, his blasts can affect an entire city. It was destroyed by the Astro Megazord.
- Crocovile (voiced by Tony Oliver) - A regenerating crocodile monster used by Astronema to distract the Rangers while Dark Specter whisks Zordon far away. It was capable of duplicating himself: one with a crocodile head for a left hand and another with a crocodile tail for a right arm. It was destroyed by the Astro and Delta Megazords.
- Destructipede (voiced by Mike Reynolds) - An illusion-casting centipede monster used by Astronema. It was destroyed by the Astro Delta Megazord.
- Power Driller (voiced by Kirk Thornton) - A rhinoceros-like drill monster summoned by Destructipede. When he walked, he created earthquakes. It was destroyed when Destructipede was destroyed.
- Fearog (voiced by Ezra Weisz) - A toad monster summoned by Destructipede. It was destroyed when Destructipede was destroyed.
- Behemoth (voiced by Richard Cansino) - A moth monster summoned by Destructipede. It was destroyed when Destructipede was destroyed.
- Mamamite (voiced by Jackie Marchand) - A termite monster with a drill-tipped abdomen for a left hand. Mamamite burrowed underground and laid some eggs before being destroyed by the Spiral Saber's Booster Mode and the Quadrablaster.
- Termitus (voiced by Dave Mallow) - A soldier termite-themed monster with a termite head shape for a left hand that was formed when the cloud of Mamamite's hatched termites combined. It could eat through the Rangers' weapons and has the ability to separate itself into a cloud of termites in order to evade the Rangers attacks. It was destroyed by the Astro Delta Megazord.
- Barillian Bug (voiced by Kim Strauss) - Insect monsters that once attacked KO-35 turning whoever it stung into the scorpion-like Barillian Bug monsters. It was destroyed by the Astro Megazord.
- Mutantrus (voiced by Brett Walkow) - A giant squid-like monster grown from a portion of the giant mutated Darkonda. He could fly through space and blast lasers from his forehead. It was destroyed by Mega V1 and V3.
- Lionizer (voiced by Ken Merckx) - A robotic lion monster used by Astronema. It was destroyed by the Mega Voyager.
- Body Switcher (voiced by Ezra Weisz) - A robotic body-switching bat/Grim Reaper monster used by Astronema. On a related note during Body Switcher's demonstration of his abilities, five of the monsters Body Switcher turned into were Beetleborgs monsters Cataclaws, LottaMuggs, Unctuous, Firecat, and a monster with the head and body of Rocket Man, the recolored hands of Green Cannon Machine, and generic boots. It was destroyed by the Mega Voyager.
- Lunatick (voiced by Bob Papenbrook) - An antlion monster from the planet Kadix that had battled the six Space Rangers. It spoke a strange alien language. It was destroyed by the Astro Delta Megazord.
- Crocotoxes (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A duo of toxic eel monsters (one red, one blue) created by Darkonda on Deketa 5. The toxin gave people black spots when they were in the water. One was destroyed by the Astro Delta Megazord and the other was destroyed by the Silver Ranger.
- Praying Mantis (voiced by Dave Mallow) - A robotic mantis monster used by Astronema. It was destroyed by the Mega Voyager.
- Destructoid (voiced by Ezra Weisz) - An unspecified wild beast monster that turned on Astronema when she started berating it for failure. Zhane saved her by driving it off.[d]
- Horror Bulls (voiced by Brad Orchard) - A set of water buffalo monsters used by Ecliptor. The first was destroyed by the Spiral Saber's Booster Mode and Quadrablaster. The second was destroyed by the Astro Delta Megazord.
- Coralizer (voiced by Tadahiro Nakamura) - A coral monster used by Darkonda. He infected the KO-35 Rebels with corals to grow on them on the planet Centaur B. It was destroyed by the Astro Delta Megazord.
- Lizwizard (voiced by Ezra Weisz) - An electrical chameleon monster used by Astronema. His long tongue enables him to switch places with whoever is wrapped up in them. It was destroyed by the Astro Megazord.
- Batarax (voiced by Richard Cansino) - A sonic-emitting bat monster used by Astronema. It was destroyed by the Astro Megazord.
- Spikey (voiced by Bob Papenbrook) - A robotic cactus-based monster with sharp claws on one of his hands who was created by Astronema. It was destroyed by the Mega Voyager.
- Frightwing (voiced by Tony Oliver) - A robotic condor monster used by Astronema. It was destroyed by the Winged Mega Voyager.
- Owl Monster (voiced by Brad Orchard) - A robotic owl monster. He could fire light blasts and lasers from his eyes in battle. It was destroyed by the Astro Megazord.
- Datascammer (voiced by Richard Steven Horvitz) - A robotic data-gathering lizard monster with a satellite-like frill who was used by Astronema. He could emit blasts from his mouth and scanned information from the Power Rangers for Astronema. It was destroyed by the Winged Mega Voyager.
- Jakarak (voiced by Lex Lang) - An anglerfish monster from the planet Tirna who was the former master of Seymour. He had a flower on his head that was capable of turning anything into stone. It was destroyed by the Astro Delta Megazord.
- Vacsacker (voiced by Richard Epcar) - A robotic monster that was used to abduct people to Secret City. It was destroyed by the Mega Voyager.
- Tankenstein (voiced by Derek Stephen Prince) - A powerful shape-shifting mechanical entity used by Astronema. He could regenerate himself as well as electrocute anything with hidden cables. It self-destructed in order to destroy the Mega Voyager.
United Alliance of Evil
Villains from previous series also appeared as members of the United Alliance of Evil where they were gathered by Dark Specter. When it came to the two-part episode "Countdown to Destruction," they lead their attacks on different planets with an army of monsters from this season alongside those from previous Power Rangers series and other Tokusatsu-adapted programs where some of them appeared in both armies. The release of Zordon's Energy Wave purified some of them into humans while reducing the monsters to sand. Besides Astronema's group, information about these recurring villains can be found in the following articles:
- Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa's Group - The first enemies of the Power Rangers.
- Lord Zedd - He took the news of the Turbo Power Rangers' defeat well, only being afraid of Rita's reaction. Zedd and Rita later attacked the Vica Galaxy where their army fought the Gold Ranger. When Zordon's Energy Wave was released, Zedd and Rita were purified into humans. He is portrayed by Ed Neil and voiced by Robert Axelrod.
- Rita Repulsa - An acquaintance of Divatox. Rita was left shocked by the news that Divatox had defeated the Power Rangers. Zedd and Rita later attacked the Vica Galaxy where their army fought the Gold Ranger. When Zordon's Energy Wave was released, Lord Zedd and Rita were purified into humans. She is portrayed by Carla Perez and voiced by Barbara Goodson.
- Goldar - He partook in the attack on the Vica Galaxy where he used his attack to subdue the Gold Ranger. He is voiced by Kerrigan Mahan.
- Squatt - He made a cameo during the attack on the Vica Galaxy.
- Finster - Finster was seen at Dark Specter's party on the Cimmerian Planet and during the attack on the Vica Galaxy. He is voiced by Robert Axelrod.
- Master Vile - Rita Repulsa's father. He was only seen with Blue Globbor at Dark Specter's party on the Cimmerian Planet.
- Z-Putties - The clay golem foot soldiers of Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa that are stronger than the Putty Patrollers. One Z-Putty was seen on Onyx in "Flashes of Darkonda". A lot of them were seen during the attack on the Vica Galaxy where one wielded a normal-sized replica of the Red Dragon Thunderzord Warrior Mode's staff.
- Tenga Warriors - The crow-like foot soldiers of Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa. They were only seen at Dark Specter's party on the Cimmerian Planet and a cameo on the planet Onyx in "Flashes of Darkonda".
- Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa's Army - The army of monsters that is used by Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa to attack the Vica Galaxy. They consist of:
- Electrotramp - See above.
- Blue Globbor - Master Vile's monster. He was briefly seen on the Cimmerian Planet prior to "Countdown to Destruction."
- Jellyfish Warrior - A jellyfish monster.
- Pumpkin Rapper - A rapping pumpkin monster whose jack-o'-lantern head is upside down.
- Punch-A-Bunch - A robotic boxing monster.
- Psycho Blue's Monster Form - See above.
- Octophantom - An octopus/elephant monster.
- Oysterizer - An oyster monster.
- Vampirus - A Baku/vampire bat monster.
- Miss Chief - A love-themed Kasha monster.
- Stenchy - A robotic skunk monster.
- Sting King - See above.
- Fearog - See above. He was seen wielding a replica of the White Shogunzord's weapons.
- Frightwing - See above.
- Craterite Conglomerate - See above.
- Wild Weeder - A gardener-themed monster
- Two-Headed Parrot - A two-headed parrot monster
- Horror Bull #2 - See above.
- Snizzard - A Ladon-themed snake/lizard monster with cobra-headed hands and an apple-shaped part on his head.
- Altor - A robotic Gold Ranger-themed monster.
- Stag Beetle - An energy-draining stag beetle monster.
- Termitus - This version was sporting Mamamite's arm weapon.
- Ravenator - A large-mouthed, hunger-inducing monster.
- Mutantrus - See above.
- Psycho Red's Monster Form - See above.
- Destructipede - See above.
- Pineoctopus - A pineapple-themed monster with plant-like tendrils.
- Brick Bully - A Nurikabe/brick monster.
- A recolored Pirantishead with Hate Master's duplicated "hair" from "Fire in Your Tank"
- The Zhane-injuring monster from "Survival of the Silver"[e]
- Unused Ninja Sentai Kakuranger monster Noppera-bō
- Unused Megaranger monster Mushroom Nezire
- Unused Megaranger monster Pig Nezire
- Unused B-Fighter Kabuto monster Changing Body Beast Isogilala
- Beetleborgs monsters Aqualungs, Kombat Knat, LottaMuggs, Porkasaurus, Cataclazmic, Torch Mouth, Ultra Vulture, and Changeling.
- Machine Empire - An empire consisting of robots and enemies of the Zeo Rangers. They and General Havoc attacked the Phantom Ranger's home world. When Zordon's Energy Wave was released, the Machine Empire was reduced to sand.
- King Mondo - The king of the Machine Empire. He is voiced by David Stenstrom.
- Queen Machina - The queen of the Machine Empire. She is voiced by Brianne Siddall.
- Prince Sprocket - The son of King Mondo and Queen Machina. He is voiced by Barbara Goodson.
- Klank and Orbus - The aids of King Mondo. They are voiced by Oliver Page and Barbara Goodson.
- Cogs - The foot soldiers of the Machine Empire. One Cog was seen on the planet Onyx in "Flashes of Darkonda".
- Quadrafighters - The octopus-themed jet of the Machine Empire that are piloted by Cogs.
- Machine Empire's Army -The army of monsters that is used by the Machine Empire to attack the Phantom Ranger's home world. They consist of:
- Eye Guy - A multi-eyed monster.
- Goo Fish - A fish monster.
- Altor - A robotic Gold Ranger-themed monster.
- Two-Headed Parrot - A two-headed parrot monster
- Dramole - A mole monster.
- Slippery Shark - A hammerhead shark monster.
- Psycho Red's Monster Form - See above.
- Owl Monster - See above.
- Shrinkasect - An insect collector-dressed grasshopper monster.
- Destructipede - See above.
- Oysterizer - An oyster monster.
- Termitus - This version sported Mamamite's arm weapon.
- Fearog - See above.
- Mace Face - A spiked robot armadillo monster.
- Coralizer - See above.
- Crocotox Red - See above.
- Waspicable - This one is different from the one listed above.
- Clawhammer - See above.
- Lizwizard - See above.
- Lunatick - See above.
- Face Stealer - An ancient Kahmalan/Nuppeppō face-stealing monster.
- Terror Tooth - A spiked snapping turtle monster.
- Stag Beetle - A stag beetle monster.
- Marvo the Meanie - An Amanojaku-themed monster.
- Spikey - See above.
- Pharaoh - An ancient Pharaoh/appraiser-themed villain who was the former fiancé to Divatox.
- A black, hornless, and furry version of Robogoat from "Fire in Your Tank."
- Unused Megaranger monster Mushroom Nezire
- Beetleborgs monsters Aqualungs, Kombat Knat and Triplesaurus Rex
- Divatox's Space Pirates - The enemies of the Turbo Rangers.
- Divatox - The leader of the Space Pirates and Elgar's aunt who becomes a rival of Astronema. She later led her army to fight the Alien Rangers on Gratha where she is disappointed that Astronema succeeded Dark Specter. When Zordon's Energy Wave was released, Divatox was purified into a human. She is portrayed by Hilary Shepard Turner.
- Rygog - Divatox's second-in-command. He was present at Divatox's attack on Gratha. He is voiced by Lex Lang.
- Porto - Divatox's technical advisor. He is voiced by Scott Page-Pagter.
- General Havoc - Divatox's brother. He accompanied the Machine Empire in attacking the Phantom Ranger's home world where they were opposed by the Blue Senturion and the Phantom Ranger. When Zordon's Energy Wave was released, General Havoc was reduced to sand. He is voiced by Richard Cansino.
- Piranhatrons - The foot soldiers of Divatox.
- Putra Pods - The Stegosaurus-like foot soldiers of Divatox. One Putra Pod was with Divatox's Space Pirates during Dark Specter's party on the Cimmerian Planet.
- Divatox's Army - The army of monsters that is used by Divatox to attack Gratha. They consist of:
- Wolfgang Amadeus Griller - A musical zombie monster.
- Psycho Blue's Monster Form - See above.
- Vacsacker - See above.
- Katastrophe - A cat/Kitsune monster.
- Silo - A robotic rocket monster.
- Admiral Abominator - A robotic admiral monster.
- Tough Tusks - A robotic mammoth monster.
- Guitardo - A guitar-playing cicada monster.
- Translucitor - A shaman-themed orangutan monster.
- Psycho Yellow's Monster Form - See above.
- Unused Ninja Sentai Kakuranger monster Noppera-bō
- Unused Ninja Sentai Kakuranger monster Daidarabotchi
- Unused B-Fighter Kabuto monster Water Dwelling Beast Kapparapa
- Unused B-Fighter Kabuto monster Heat Fruit Beast Pineappler
- Beetleborgs monsters Furocious, Crimson Creep, and LottaMuggs
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|"From Out of Nowhere"||Jonathan Tzachor||Judd Lynn||February 6, 1998|
February 13, 1998
|A mysterious new Red Ranger infiltrates a meeting of Dark Specter's alliance as they celebrate Dark Specter's conquest of Eltar and capture of Zordon. Meanwhile, T.J., Cassie, Carlos, and Ashley's space flight is interrupted when a large spacecraft (Astro Megaship) pulls them in. The red ranger is revealed to be a spy and escapes on his galaxy glider to the Astro Megaship, where he encounters the four Earth rangers. Astronema then sends a space cruiser shaped like a criosphinx, which damages the Astro Megaship and forces it to make an emergency landing on a rocky planet. The Red Ranger then reveals himself to be Andros. After initially sending the four Earth Rangers on their way, Andros comes back to save them from Astronema's Quantrons and give them their new Ranger Morphers. While back on the Astro Megaship, the rangers are again attacked by the criosphinx ship, but Alpha figures out the code to transform the Astro Megaship and the space shuttle into the Astro Megazord, with which they destroy the criosphinx ship.|
|253||3||"Save Our Ship"||Isaac Florentine||Judd Lynn||February 20, 1998|
|The Rangers return to Earth with Andros and an explosive welcome from Ecliptor and Astronema, which threatens to make their stopover permanent.|
|254||4||"Shell Shocked"||Blair Treu||Judd Lynn||February 27, 1998|
Astronema uses her powers to make the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles evil and has them con the Rangers into letting them on the Megaship so that they can take it over for her.Note: This episode is a crossover with Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation.
|255||5||"Never Stop Searching"||Blair Treu||Steve Roth||March 6, 1998|
|Andros investigates some energy readings coming from KO-35, believing it to be his lost sister. What he finds is Ecliptor waiting for him instead.|
|256||6||"Satellite Search"||Blair Treu||Judd Lynn||March 13, 1998|
|A satellite holding valuable information crash lands on the planet Kalderon. The Rangers find it, but Astronema battles them and steals it. She then ties the Rangers up to be eaten by a Clawhammer.|
|257||7||"A Ranger Among Thieves"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||March 20, 1998|
|Andros befriends a trio of thieves, who become endangered when a monster who can harness electricity attacks their stolen car hideout.|
|258||8||"When Push Comes to Shove"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||March 27, 1998|
|Cassie is blackmailed into going out with a loser, who she finds out not to be such a bad guy. The date goes awry when one of Astronema's monsters tries to knock down the building they are in, which happens to contain a nuclear device.|
|259||9||"The Craterite Invasion"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||April 3, 1998|
|A Simudeck malfunction causes the Craterites to multiply, escape, and attack Angel Grove.|
|260||10||"The Wasp With a Heart"||Koichi Sakamoto||Judd Lynn||April 4, 1998|
|A wasp monster doesn't have it in him to be evil, and he helps and befriends Cassie, who sticks up for him when confronted by the other Rangers. But the Rangers have to deal with the evil Sting King.|
|261||11||"The Delta Discovery"||Koichi Sakamoto||Judd Lynn||April 11, 1998|
|The Rangers investigate a planet on their search for Zordon and find the Phantom Ranger, wounded from an attack by Divatox. He gives Andros a disk, which gives him control of the Delta Megaship.|
|262||12||"The Great Evilyzer"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||April 18, 1998|
|Professor Phenomenus develops a ray that can turn objects evil. Astronema decides to use it against the Rangers by turning the Delta Megazord evil.|
|263||13||"Grandma Matchmaker"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||April 25, 1998|
|Ashley's grandmother visits Angel Grove intent on seeing Ashley engaged before she leaves, and she inadvertently gets caught up in one of the Rangers' battles.|
|264||14||"The Barillian Sting"||Judd Lynn||John Fletcher||May 2, 1998|
|A sting from an alien insect causes Carlos to mutate. Carlos then stings Cassie, who also mutates. The Rangers manage to defeat it and cure Cassie and Carlos before they destroy the ship.|
|265||15||"T.J.'s Identity Crisis"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||May 9, 1998|
|A blow to the head causes T.J. to lose his memory, just as three Rangers are captured by Darkonda, who has absorbed Ecliptor and becomes Darkliptor.|
|266||16||"Flashes of Darkonda"||Jonathan Tzachor||Judd Lynn||May 16, 1998|
|Andros does some undercover work on an alien planet, where Darkonda is hanging out at a casino. He manages to beat a group of aliens in a game of cards, and win Zordon's key cards. He escapes the planet and finally remembers that it was Darkonda who had kidnapped his long lost sister.|
|267||17||"The Rangers' Mega Voyage"||Judd Lynn||Judd Lynn||September 12, 1998|
|The Rangers find the location of the Mega Vehicles - five powerful spacecraft which combine into the Mega Voyager, and gain control of them with Zordon's key cards.|
|268||18||"True Blue to the Rescue"||Judd Lynn||Judd Lynn||September 19, 1998|
The Rangers are captured by Astronema while trying to rescue Storm Blaster. But Storm Blaster escapes and brings back the Blue Turbo Ranger Justin, who saves the Rangers and is reunited with his former teammates. He is also introduced to Andros as they go to rescue Lightning Cruiser.Guest Star: Blake Foster
|269||19||"Invasion of the Body Switcher"||Judd Lynn||Jackie Marchand||September 26, 1998|
|A monster with the ability to alter appearances changes Astronema into Ashley, allowing her to sneak aboard the Megaship and capture all the rangers except Andros. Ashley tricks the monster and Elgar after she transforms into Astronema, which enables her to escape and work to save the others.|
|270||20||"Survival of the Silver"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||October 3, 1998|
|While on a hostile alien world, the Megaship is attacked, damaging the cryogenic chamber, which holds Zhane, the Silver Ranger. As the Rangers defend the Megaship, Zhane steps out and lends a hand, much to the surprise of Andros, who had placed him in cryo-stasis due to severe injuries.|
|271||21||"Red with Envy"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||October 10, 1998|
|Andros is infuriated when he suspects that Zhane is trying to put the moves on Ashley. This leads to him order Zhane to stay on the ship while the Rangers go and battle, but it turns out that they need him, as Zhane also goes and helps them out.|
|272||22||"The Silver Secret"||Worth Keeter||Jackie Marchand||October 14, 1998|
|A diagnostic reveals that Zhane only has a limited time to stay morphed. Astronema deduces this and sends down a monster to exploit this weakness.|
|273||23||"A Date with Danger"||Koichi Sakamoto||Jackie Marchand||October 15, 1998|
|When Astronema is attacked by one of her monsters, Zhane comes to her rescue, and the two find that they are strongly attracted to each other.|
|274||24||"Zhane's Destiny"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||October 16, 1998|
|The Rangers investigate readings from a planet, and find that the rebels from KO-35 have set up camp there. Darkonda is among them, in disguise as an officer, who tries to turn the people against the Rangers.|
|275||25||"Always a Chance"||Koichi Sakamoto||Judd Lynn||October 17, 1998|
During a battle, Carlos accidentally injures Cassie, giving him severe doubts about whether he is fit to be a Ranger. By undergoing training with former Ranger Adam, he regains his confidence. When a monster attacks a powerless Carlos, Adam must once again morph into the Black Ranger to save him.Guest Star: Johnny Yong Bosch
|276||26||"The Secret of the Locket"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||October 21, 1998|
|While fighting the Rangers, Astronema's locket is torn off. Andros finds it and discovers a picture of himself and his sister as children, meaning that Astronema is his long lost sister Karone. But Astronema refuses to believe him, and she says he will pay dearly for trying to trick her.|
|277||27||"Astronema Thinks Twice"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||October 23, 1998|
|Astronema now knows her real past and wonders whether she should be evil. She meets Andros on a desolate planet, and joins his side, leaving with him for the Megaship, and they set course to find Zordon.|
|278||28||"The Rangers' Leap of Faith"||Jonathan Tzachor||Judd Lynn||October 24, 1998|
|Astronema leads the Rangers to the planet where Zordon is being held captive. It turns out to be a trap set up by Dark Specter to capture the Rangers.|
|"Dark Specter's Revenge"||Tony Randel||Judd Lynn & Jackie Marchand||October 28, 1998|
October 29, 1998
|Dark Specter wants Astronema back, and to accomplish this, he sends an asteroid on a collision course with Earth. Karone sneaks aboard the Dark Fortress to divert the asteroid's path but is captured. Zhane returns with his Mega Winger to help send the asteroid away from Earth. He and Andros then set out to retrieve Karone, but it turns out that she has been turned into the evil Astronema again by Dark Specter, only eviler than before. Andros & Zhane escape on a Quantron's Velocifighter back to the Megaship.|
|281||31||"Rangers Gone Psycho"||Judd Lynn||Judd Lynn||October 30, 1998|
|Five imposters are wreaking havoc in Angel Grove as Rangers. The real Rangers confront them, and they reveal themselves to be the Psycho Rangers, homicidal machines sent by Astronema. The Psychos read the Rangers' minds and prove to be difficult to defeat with their knowledge of the Rangers' fighting techniques.|
|282||32||"Carlos on Call"||Judd Lynn||Judd Lynn||October 31, 1998|
|A little girl named Silvy discovers that Carlos is the Black Ranger when she finds pictures of him morphing in a photo booth. She uses this knowledge to blackmail him into spending time with her, which drives Carlos nuts.|
|283||33||"A Rift in the Rangers"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||November 4, 1998|
|Ashley and Cassie quarrel over doing chores on the Megaship. Psycho Yellow and Pink manage to capture Ashley.|
|284||34||"Five of a Kind"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||November 5, 1998|
|TJ comes up with a way to defeat the Psycho Rangers. Since they are designed to fight their respective Ranger color, the Rangers all disguise themselves as the Blue Ranger, and to confuse them even further, Zhane jumps in as Psycho Silver.|
|285||35||"Silence is Golden"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn & Jackie Marchand||November 6, 1998|
|The Psycho Rangers scour the city in search of the Space Rangers in their demorphed form, using voice recognition. Cassie is in town and must remain quiet to avoid being found.|
|286||36||"The Enemy Within"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn & Jackie Marchand||November 7, 1998|
|The Psycho Rangers have stolen the Mega Voyager. To get it back, the Rangers launch a surprise attack on the Psychos.|
|287||37||"Andros and the Stowaway"||Worth Keeter||Judd Lynn||November 11, 1998|
|While searching an alien planet, Andros saves a small alien creature that was enslaved by a monster. The monster wants his captive back, and the Rangers must defeat him to defend the little stowaway's freedom.|
|288||38||"Mission to Secret City"||Koichi Sakamoto||Judd Lynn||November 12, 1998|
|Astronema creates a secret city, where one of her monsters teleports captives to, including Carlos, Andros, and Silvy. With Silvy's help, Andros unleashes the real power of his battlizer, morphing into the Red Battlized Ranger.|
|289||39||"Ghosts in the Machine"||Worth Keeter||Jackie Marchand||November 13, 1998|
|Astronema develops a machine that transforms matter into data. The ghosts of the Psycho Rangers use it in reverse, restoring them to their physical plane.|
|290||40||"The Impenetrable Web"||Judd Lynn||Judd Lynn & Jackie Marchand||November 14, 1998|
|Ecliptor gains access to the Astro Megaship and creates a web that prevents the Rangers from getting in. Ecliptor increases his powers and battles the Rangers, destroying the Delta Megazord in battle.|
|291||41||"A Line in the Sand"||Judd Lynn||Judd Lynn & Jackie Marchand||November 18, 1998|
|A sinister humvee is tracking down the Rangers and teleporting them to a desolate wasteland. The Rangers lose the Mega Voyager in the battle with Tankenstein.|
|"Countdown to Destruction"||Jonathan Tzachor||Koichi Sakamoto & Judd Lynn||November 20, 1998|
November 21, 1998
The Millennium Message has come to pass. Dark Specter sends the order for all villains in the universe to begin their assault on everything in sight. Divatox, Rita, Zedd, Astronema, and the Machine Empire overtake the Alien Rangers, Gold Ranger, Blue Senturion, Phantom Ranger, and the Space Rangers, in furious battles throughout the universe. Dark Specter and Darkonda destroy each other, and Astronema becomes the new Monarch of Evil. Astronema orders the citizens of Angel Grove to hand over the Power Rangers. Everyone declares themself a Ranger, infuriating her; however, the real Rangers arrive and morph in front of everyone. Inspired by the Rangers, Bulk and Skull lead the citizens in a charge against Astonema's army. Andros has also snuck aboard the Dark Fortress in hopes of reverting Astronema to Karone; he discovers Zordon held captive. Zordon wants his energy tube shattered to release a purifying wave at the cost of his life. Astronema attacks, but her blast accidentally ricochets off of the spiral saber, and onto her, killing her. Ecliptor tries killing Andros in revenge, forcing Andros to comply with Zordon's order. The energy wave spreads across the universe, reducing the United Alliance of Evil to dust, while Rita, Zedd, and Divatox are turned into humans. While the Rangers are celebrated as heroes, Andros cries over his sister; his tears revert her to Karone. The Rangers and Karone then return to Earth to stay. |
Note: This episode marks the conclusion of the original Zordon storyline of Power Rangers.
A VHS release for Power Rangers in Space contained the "Psycho Rangers" arc.
In 2012, Shout Factory announced that it had reached an exclusive distribution deal with Saban for shows such as Power Rangers and Big Bad Beetleborgs. Power Rangers in Space was released on DVD in August 2012, as part of a Time-Life exclusive boxed set containing seasons 1–7. The show later became available independently of the boxed set in two volumes, the first volume consisting of first 22 episodes was released on August 5, 2014 and the second volume containing the remaining 21 episodes was released on October 7, 2014.
During the events of "Shattered Grid", the Space Rangers are attacked by Drakkon and his forces. Andros somehow managed to escape, while TJ was captured. According to Andros, Ashley, Cassie, and Carlos were all killed in the attack.
Andros arrives in the world of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers universe barely escaping Drakkon's forces after seeing where he is holding all the captured Rangers he has accumulated across the universe. He is in close talk and strategy with the other Rangers as Karone watches from the shadows, unsure of how to approach her brother. After some encouragement from Jennifer Scotts, she approaches Andros, who is overjoyed to find out that his sister was saved by him and the other Space Rangers.
- Dark Specter is a recycled version of Maligore from Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie. At one point in "From Out of Nowhere" Pt. 1, Divatox commented to Dark Specter that he reminded her of her fiancé.
- Electrotramp is a recolored hybrid of two monster suits: it has the head of Ohranger monster Bara Police (unused in Power Rangers Zeo) and the body of a Varox.
- Waspicable is a recolored version of Grumble Bee with a buck tooth and different wings added onto it.
- Destructoid was originally featured on Beetleborgs Metallix as Mole Monster (but with a different hair style).
- This monster which was responsible for badly injuring Zhane is a recolored version of Ghoulem from Big Bad Beetleborgs
- "Power Rangers in Space". Power Rangers. Archived from the original on September 11, 2010. Retrieved May 15, 2012.
- "Power Rangers Origins and Evolutions". ComingSoon.net. 2017-03-20. Retrieved 3 June 2021.
- "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Complete Series : DVD Talk Review of the DVD Video". Dvdtalk.com. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- SirStack. "Mega Rangers Element Breakdown (Scans) - Project HEXAGON". LiveJournal. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- "Top 10 Power Rangers Series". YouTube. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- "Andros (Red Space Ranger)". Power Rangers Central. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- "10 Best Red Power Rangers Ranked By Their Ability To Lead". Screen Rant. 2021-02-26. Retrieved 2022-02-18.
- "Power Rangers: 5 Ways Tommy Was The Greatest Ranger Of All Time (& 5 Closest Contenders)". Screen Rant. 2021-05-12. Retrieved 2022-02-18.
- "Power Rangers Zords: A Guide to Their Mighty Morphin Giant Robots". ComingSoon.net. 2017-03-23. Retrieved 3 June 2021.
- Power Rangers in Space at IMDb
- "Power Rangers: The 25 Most Powerful Villains, Officially Ranked". Screen Rant. 2021-05-01. Retrieved 2022-02-18.
- "5 Reasons Why Power Rangers In Space Is The Best Power Rangers Series (& 5 Reasons It's Lost Galaxy)". ScreenRant. May 20, 2020.
- "POWER RANGERS IN SPACE is Morphinominal". GeekTyrant.