Power and Market
Cover of the 1977 edition
|Author||Murray N. Rothbard|
|Publisher||Institute for Humane Studies|
Power and Market: Government and the Economy is a 1970 book by Murray Rothbard in which he analyzes the negative effects of the various kinds of government intervention, and argues that the State is neither necessary nor useful. It was originally part of his 1962 book Man, Economy, and State but was censored by the publisher, who felt it was too radical for publication and later published under the above title. It was reunited with the 4th edition of Man, Economy, and State in 2004 in the volume sub-titled "The Scholar's Edition" from the Ludwig von Mises Institute.
- Power & Market: Government and the Economy. Fourth edition. Auburn, Alabama: The Ludwig von Mises Institute. 2006. ISBN 1-933550-05-8.
- Man, Economy & State with Power and Market (The Scholar's Edition). The Ludwig von Mises Institute. February 2004. ISBN 0-945466-30-7.
- Power and Market: Government and the Economy. New York University Press. April 1, 1981 Hardcover. 304 pages.
- Power & Market: Government and the Economy. Kansas City, Missouri: Sheed Andrews and McMeel. 1977. ISBN 0-8362-0751-3 (paperback). ISBN 0-8362-0750-5 (cloth).
- Power & Market: Government and the Economy. Menlo Park, California: Institute for Humane Studies. 1970. (hardcover)