|Private (subsidiary of Spark Infrastructure (49%), Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings and Power Assets Holdings (collectively 51%))|
|Parent||Cheung Kong group 51%
Spark Infrastructure 49%
The company owns and maintains power lines, substations and street lights and also manages the largest electricity distribution network in Victoria.
Powercor is 51% owned by the Cheung Kong group and 49% by Spark Infrastructure which also own Citipower, which maintain the city of Melbourne's CBD network, and SA Power Networks, which maintains the South Australian network.
As of September 2011:
- Total Line Length: 84,026 km
- Area covered: 150,000 km2
- Customers: 730,273
- Zone Substations 70
- Zone Substation Transformers (66kv to 22kv): 137
- Distribution Transformers (22kv to 240v): 81,553
- Poles: 535,941
- 31,865 Customers supplied via single-wire earth return rural grid
- Wires Underground: 10.6%
- 86% classified as 'rural'
- Network Availability: 99.96%
- "Bushfire Mitigation Strategy Plan 2011-2012" (PDF). Powercor. Retrieved 23 July 2012.