Prabhas promoting Baahubali at Mumbai in June 2015
|Born||Prabhas Raju Uppalapati|
|Residence||Film Nagar, Hyderabad, India|
|Relatives||Krishnam Raju Uppalapati|
Prabhas (born Prabhas Raju Uppalapati) is an Indian film actor known for his works exclusively in the Telugu cinema. Prabhas is the nephew of Telugu actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju. Prabhas made his film debut with the 2002 drama film, Eshwar. His works include box office hits such as Varsham (2004), Chatrapathi (2005), Chakram (2005), Billa (2009), Mr. Perfect (2011), and Mirchi (2013). In 2014 he appeared in the Bollywood film Action Jackson directed by Prabhudeva. He stars in Baahubali: The Beginning (2015), which recorded the highest grossing opening for an Indian film.
Prabhas was born to U. Suryanarayana Raju and Siva Kumari. He is the youngest of three children, with an elder brother Pramod Uppalapati and sister Pragathi. He is the nephew of Telugu actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju.
In September 2005 he acted in the film Chatrapathi directed by S. S. Rajamouli, in which he portrays the role of a refugee, exploited by goons. It had a 100-day run in 54 centers. Idlebrain stated that he had a unique style and macho charm in his screen presence.
Later he acted in Pournami, Yogi and Munna, an action-drama film came out in 2007, followed by the action-comedy Bujjigadu in 2008. In 2009 his two films were Billa and Ek Niranjan. Indiaglitz called Bills stylish and visually rich.
In 2010 he appeared in the romantic comedy Darling and in 2011, Mr. Perfect, another romantic comedy. In 2012, Prabhas starred in Rebel, an action film directed by Raghava Lawrence. His next film was Mirchi. He rendered voice for a short cameo for the film Denikaina Ready.
|2007||Yogi||Eeshwara Prasad / Yogi|
|2008||Bujjigadu||Lingaraju / Bujji|
|2009||Billa||Billa / Ranga|
|2010||Darling||Prabhas / Prabha|
|2014||Action Jackson||Special appearance as himself|||
|2015||Baahubali: The Beginning||Baahubali / Shivudu|||
|2016||Baahubali: The Conclusion||Baahubali|
- "Baahubali creates history with opening day collections". India Today. 11 July 2015.
- Sashidhar AS (2012-11-11). "Prabhas completes 10 years". The Times of India.
- "India's most expensive film?". Hindustan Times. 2013-07-15.
- Mike McCahill. "Baahubali: The Beginning review – fantastic bang for your buck in most expensive Indian movie ever made". the Guardian.
- Sangeetha Devi Dundoo. "Baahubali review: A little more, a little less". The Hindu.
- "Bahubali First Day Box Office".
- "Prabhas' birthday a family affair". Deccan Chronicle. 2011-10-24. Archived from the original on 2011-12-30. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Chatrapati - Telugu cinema - 100 days centers - Prabhas & Shriya". idlebrain.
- "Chatrapati - Telugu cinema Review - Prabhas, Shriya". idelbrain.
- "Billa Movie Review". indiaglitz.
- Sashidhar AS (2012-09-12). "Denikaina Ready audio on Sep 23". The Times of India.
- "Prabhudeva - Ajay Devagn Action Jackson (Hindi) (2014)". imdb. 2014-12-04. Retrieved 2015-07-11.
- "Prabhas-Rajamouli Movie Announced". indiaglitz. 2011-02-18. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- Sashidhar AS (2013-01-13). "Rajamouli-Prabhas' film is titled Bahubali". The Times of India.