|Publisher||Bauer Consumer Media|
|Final issue||2 June 2020|
Practical Photography was a UK monthly photography magazine published by the Bauer Media Group since it was acquired from EMAP in 2008. Established in 1959, It ceased publishing on the 2 June 2020 following Bauer Publishing's decision to stop printing many of its magazines due to the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The magazine included subject guides, camera and editing tutorials, interviews, Q&As and product reviews, as well as how-to videos. It also featured Camera School, an annual camera skills course for beginners. When it ceased publication, the group editor was Ben Hawkins.
Alongside a monthly magazine, Practical Photography could also be found on social media, including the popular Practical Photography Talk Facebook group and its YouTube channel Practical Photography Magazine.
Staff members for the magazine (as of last publication):
- Group Editor, Ben Hawkins
- Deputy Editor, Chris Parker
- Features Editor, Adam Atkins
- Gear and Technique Editor, Kirk Schwarz
- Senior Art Editor, Chris Robinson
- Videographer, Jake Kindred
- Production Editor, Marie Marsh
- Editorial Assistant, Beth Mackman
- "H. Bauer Publishing Successful in Bid for Emap". H. Bauer Publishing. 7 December 2006. Archived from the original on 9 February 2009. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- Practical Photography Magazine, April 2009 Issue
- "Bauer reveals plans to close, merge or sell ten magazines". Press Gazette. 18 May 2020. Retrieved 1 July 2020.