Prad am Stilfser Joch
|Prad am Stilfser Joch|
|Marktgemeinde Prad aSJ
Comune di Prato aS
The village viewed from north
|Province||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|• Mayor||Karl Bernhart|
|• Total||51.4 km2 (19.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||915 m (3,002 ft)|
|Population (Dec. 2015)|
|• Density||0.068/km2 (0.18/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Prad am Stilfser Joch (German pronunciation: [praˑt am ˈʃtɪlfsɐ jɔx]; Italian: Prato allo Stelvio [ˈpraːto ˈallo ˈstɛlvjo]), often abbreviated to Prad or Prato, is a comune (municipality) in South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 60 kilometres (37 mi) west of the city of Bolzano, on the border with Switzerland, and near the Stelvio Pass.
As of 31 December 2015, it had a population of 3,474 and an area of 51.4 square kilometres (19.8 sq mi).
The municipality of Prad contains the frazione (subdivision) Lichtenberg (Montechiaro).
The emblem shows three or ears of wheat, in a gules field on azure. The bottom is red. The wheat symbolizes the importance played by the cereal growing in the municipality. The emblem was adopted in 1969.
- Gustav Thöni, alpine ski racer
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Heraldry of the World: Prad am Stilfser Joch
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info. Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
Media related to Prad am Stilfser Joch at Wikimedia Commons
- (in German) (in Italian) Homepage of the municipality