Pradeep Kumar Majhi
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: numerous (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Member: 15th Lok Sabha|
|Preceded by||Parsuram Majhi|
|Succeeded by||Balabhadra Majhi|
|President Orissa Youth Congress|
|Secretary Indian Youth Congress|
|President Zila Parishad Nabarangpur|
|Born||22 February 1976|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|As of 28 August, 2014|
Pradeep Majhi (Odia: ପ୍ରଦୀପ ମାଝି; born 22 February 1976) is an Indian politician. He was a member of parliament in 15th Lok Sabha from Nabarangpur and is at present the State Vice-president of Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee, having held previous offices of State President of Orissa Pradesh Youth Congress, Secretary of the Indian Youth Congress, and President of Zilla Parishad. In 15th Lok Sabha, he asked 1160 questions inside Parliament, the third-highest number questions asked in that Lok Sabha tenure. He asked 501 questions in his first two years, according to The Week magazine.
He was born in a predominately tribal backward region village named Taliamba, Jharigam of District Nabarangpur area of Odisha to Bhagaban Majhi and Subarno Prasad Majhi. He did his 12th from the prestigious Buxi Jagabandhu Bidyadhar College Bhubaneswar and B.A graduation from Vikram Deb Autonomous College – Jeypore, Koraput . He went for Delhi for Advanced Diploma in Computer Application.
Majhi was studying law in Delhi when he got involved in highlighting the malnutrition deaths of children in Nabarangpur district in 2002. He had gone back to his district. AICC Vice-President Rahul Gandhi discovered him under the Youth Congress 'Talent Search for Youth' conducted in Bhubaneswar where he stood first in the state level. Pradeep Majhi started his political career as elected President of Zilla Parishad from Nabarangpur.
Majhi is among the rising young leaders of National Congress party. He is very close to Rahul Gandhi, who is Party vice-president and also in charge of the Youth Congress affairs. Majhi from Orissa registered history, when he was appointed as the secretary of Indian Youth Congress. This is the first time a person from Orissa has been elevated to this post. While the UPA 2 government is all set to complete two years, prominent "Week' magazine came up with a detailed statistics that Congress MP from Nabarangpur, Mr Majhi has set a new record. The first-timer Lok Sabha MP asked 501 questions in two years with all-time records of 75 percentage of attendance in Parliament irrespective of his additional Orissa Youth Congress responsibilities.
President of Zilla Parishad
He was chosen by Congress party to contest the Zilla Parishad member candidate in year 2007. After winning eventually elected as the President of Zilla Parishad of Nabarangpur in May'13 2007 at the age of 32.
Indian Youth Congress Secretary
Orissa Youth Congress President
In Pradeep Majhi's stints as president of Orissa Youth Congress, he has attempted with his hard work and commitment to bring back the faith among young congress members when Orissa congress was going through a hard period. A huge number of fresh young bloods had been injected in party via talent hunt programs conducted across the state. He has dared the Orissa ruling Naveen Patnaik government over the huge Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act scam. He has also launched a Hunger strike near the state secretariat with his supporters seeking loan waiver for small and marginal farmers hit by nonseasonal rain. Then the hunger strike was called off after 7 days. Orissa Youth Congress had advanced a lot under his leadership and guidance in terms of more discipline, more agitations and movements, infusion of ample fresh bloods in party carder and most significantly propagating Rahul Gandhi's vision and message to youth across the state.                   
2009 Lok Sabha Elections
He was nominated by the Congress party to contest the Lok Sabha elections 2009 from Nabarangpur in Odisha. He won the 2009 Lok Sabha election by a margin of 30830 votes. During his tenure as a parliamentarian among others he played a decisive role in Food Corporation of India procuring maize at MSP from Nabarangpur farmers. He was also involved in the cause of Sugar Cane farmers in Baramba and Nayagarh.
- "360° profile of Pradeep Kumar Majhi". scratchmysoul.com. 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2012.
Chairman, Zilla Parishad( 2007–09)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "List of all Presidents of Zilla Parishad in Orissa | orissa.oriyaonline.com". orissa.oriyaonline.com. 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2012.
Nabrangpur: Pradip Kumar Majhi: INCCS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Congress MP Pradeep Majhi asked 501 Questions in 2 Years Archived 31 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Team Rahul
- Young Congress MP Pradeep Majhi from Orissa takes lead in asking questions in Lok Sabha
- "Orissa Youth Congress calls off stir, YC Chief Pradeep Majhi hospitalised in Bhubaneswar". Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- VISIT OF PRADEEP MAJHI INDIAN MP Archived 9 April 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Orissa MP Pradeep Majhi meets Oriya community in Australia
- Lok Sabha MP Pradeep Majhi Alleges MGNREGS Scam in Odisha
- "Nabrangpur MP Pradeep Majhi visited Sweden for learning technology advancements". Archived from the original on 31 January 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Odisha MP Pradeep Majhi joins 'padyatra' in Bhatta Parsaul Archived 30 January 2013 at Archive.today
- Youth Congress launches membership drive
- Rahul Leads MPs Delegation to PM on Land Bill Archived 31 January 2013 at Archive.today
- Odisha: MP Pradeep Majhi meets school students in Aunli Gram Panchayat
- "Odisha: MP Pradeep Majhi condoles death of Vilasrao Deshmukh". Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- Odisha: MP Pradeep Majhi raised concern over Government's stand on Manual Scavenging
- "Odisha: Nabarangpur MP Pradeep Majhi hosts Iftar Party at Nabarangpur". Archived from the original on 11 March 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Odisha: MP Pradeep Majhi raises apprehension over Diarrhea death in Nabarangpur district". Archived from the original on 27 October 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "Odisha: Congress MP Pradeep Majhi spent one night in Maoist Infested Kalimela Block". Archived from the original on 11 March 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "Odisha: Congress MP Pradeep Majhi alleged administrative collapse in handling 11 children death in Malkangiri District". Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "Odisha: Congress MP Pradeep Majhi meets Rahul Gandhi". Archived from the original on 2 June 2013. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Close shave for Pradeep Majhi
- MP Pradip Majhi meets Rahul Gandhi today; Sweeping Changes likely Archived 4 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- RASTA ROKO RE BASICHANTI PRADEEP MAJHI Archived 31 July 2013 at Archive.today
- Congress MP, Pradeep Majhi injured in accident in Andhra
- "Parliamentary Constituency: Nabarangpur". Archived from the original on 17 May 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2012.