Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
|Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana|
|प्रधान कौशल विकास योजना|
|Ministry||Skill Development and Entrepreneurship|
|Launched||16 July 2015|
The aim of the pmkvy scheme is to encourage aptitude towards employable skills and to increase working efficiency of probable and existing daily wage earners, by giving monetary awards and rewards and by providing quality training to them. Average award amount per person has been kept as ₹8,000 (US$120). Those wage earners already possessing a standard level of skill will be given recognition as per scheme and average award amount for them is ₹2000 to ₹2500. In the initial year, a target to distribute ₹15 billion (US$220 million) has been laid down for the scheme. Training programmes have been worked out on the basis of National Occupational Standards (NOS) and qualification packs specifically developed in various sectors of skills. For this qualification plans and quality plans have been developed by various Sector Skill Councils (SSC) created with participation of Industries. National Skill Development Council (NSDC) has been made coordinating and driving agency for the same.
An outlay of ₹120 billion (US$1.7 billion) has been approved by the cabinet for this project. The scheme has a target to train 1 crore Indian youth from 2016-20. As of 18 July 2016, 17.93 lakh candidates were trained out of 18 lakh who enrolled for the scheme.
- "Scheme Document of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana" (PDF). Pmkvyofficial.org.
- "Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)". Pmkvyofficial.org. 4 December 2015.
- "Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana in Details". pradhanmantri.info.
- Krishna, Prabodh (7 July 2017). "Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana: Boon Or Bane". Businessworld.
- "17.93 lakh candidates trained under PMKVY as on July 18 . This is very low performance. The SSC dont have any clarity of equipment's of the job role. Due to these kind of problem they are unable to get the affiliation. Even their mail Ids which they are given for each SSC is also fake. This is the performance of SSC.", Business Standard, 21 July 2016
- "PM Modi-led Cabinet approves key decisions – from skilling 1 crore youth to NBCC disinvestment", The Financial Express, 13 July 2016