Prague British School
- "BISP" redirects here. For the Pakistani welfare programme, see Benazir Income Support Programme.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
Prague British School (PBS) is a British international school in in Prague, Czech Republic. It an independent English language, multinational day school, providing British education for children aged between 20 months and 19 years. It has two campuses, the Kamýk campus in Prague 4, and the Vlastina campus in Liboc, Prague 6.
In 1996, the school introduced the IGCSE programme. The school, established as the British International School Prague (BISP) in 1992, changed its name to Prague British School in 2006. BISP had 500 registered students at the time.
PBS pupils up to Year 9 follow the National Curriculum for England. Pupils in Years 10 and 11 follow the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), followed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma in years 12 and 13.
The Prague British School has two main sites:
- Kamýk in Prague 4 is a large site located in the south east of Prague. Since 2004, it has been the main school site, housing a Foundation Stage Unit, Primary and Senior School and the school administration. Approximately 550 students attend the Kamýk site. Since 2004, it has undergone extensive reconstruction, including the building of new outdoor sports facilities, a theatre and a new dining room and kitchen, a new Senior School library and multimedia center.
- Vlastina in Prague 6, north west of Prague, has Foundation Stage Unit and Primary School only. Graduates then transfer to the senior school at Kamýk to continue. The site has operated since 2008. It has approximately 250 students.
The Council of British International Schools (COBIS) describes PBS as "an established school of quality and distinction" adding "All teaching staff are highly qualified and experienced graduate teachers, with relevant experience of the National Curriculum, IGCSE and IB programmes." The British Embassy in Prague actively takes part in various PBS activities.
- "Kamyk." Prague British School. Retrieved on 20 February 2015. "Address: K Lesu 558/2, Prague 4"
- "Vlastina." Prague British School. Retrieved on 20 February 2015. "Address: Vlastina 19, Prague 6"
- "PBS School History". Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Council of British International Schools: Prague British School
|This Czech Republic school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|