Prague High School (Oklahoma)
|Prague High School|
|U.S. Route 62 and Westlawn
|Type||Public secondary school|
|School district||Prague Public Schools|
|Mascot||The Red Devils|
Located on U.S. Route 62, it is part of the Prague Public Schools district, which was founded in 1902. The high school was opened in 1906. The school's football team first played in 1915, and was undefeated during the regular season of 1917, losing only to Norman High School for the state championship. The school applied for state accreditation in 1942.
In 2012 the school and school superintendent Rick Martin were both criticized when the High School principal David Smith refused to give valedictorian Kaitlin Nootbaar her high school diploma for using the word "Hell" in her graduation speech. Many thought this was a strange 'out of proportions' reaction that caught worldwide attention. A logo of a red devil is no problem but the word 'hell' in a speech is.
- Stan Case - CNN broadcast news anchor
- Denton Simek - 2010 Arkansas Razorbacks football team
- Kyle Denny- Cleveland Indians Pitcher
- Daniel Stone- Bench Warmer
- "Prague High School - Prague, Oklahoma". GreatSchools. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Prague Public Schools - Home". Prague Public Schools. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- Tower, William Ray (1948). A General History of the Town of Prague, Oklahoma, 1908-1948 (Thesis). Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Valedictorian fights for diploma". KFOR-TV. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
|This Oklahoma school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|