Praia de Odeceixe Mar
|Praia de Odeceixe|
|Beach of Portugal|
Praia de Odeceixe
|Material||Golden fine sand|
'Praia de Odeceixeis is a beach within the Municipality of Aljezur, in the Algarve, Portugal. The beach is on the western Seaboard in the extreme north west of the Algarve. It is inside the Vicentine Coast Natural Park. The beach is 2.1 miles (3.4 km) west of the village of Odeceixe, and is 77.9 miles (125.4 km) north west, by road, from the regions capital of Faro. In 2012 Praia de Odeceixe has been designated a blue Flag beach.
The main beach of Praia de Odeceixeis is situated at the mouth of the Rio de Seixe (River Seixe). Praia de Odeceixeis location is right on the border between the Algarve and the Alentejo. This sandy beach is on the southern side of the outflow to the sea. The northern side of the river has a backdrop of steep cliffs which shelter the beach. To the south of the main beach is a small cove with a sandy satellite beach called Praia de Adegas which has been designated a naturist beach. Also to the south of the main beach is the small village at Praia de Odeceixe, from where a steep path descends to the beach.
Map of the Vicentine Coast Natural Park
- "Spain & Portugal 2012, Tourist and Motoring Atlas. Pub:Michelin, 2011, ISBN 978-2-06-717415-3
- Tours around the Algarve. Published: Algarve Tourism Board/ Rotas © Região de Turismo do Algarve.
- Blue Flag beaches in the Algarve
- Algarve, Spiral Guide. Authors: Paul Murphy, Susie Boulton. Published:AA Publishing 2003. ISBN 0-7495-3209-2
- (in Portuguese) Information and map of Praia das Adegas
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Praia de Odeceixe.|
|This Faro location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|