Prairie Grove, Illinois
Location of Prairie Grove in McHenry County, Illinois.
Location of Illinois in the United States
|• Total||5.58 sq mi (14.46 km2)|
|• Land||5.58 sq mi (14.45 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.01 km2)|
|Elevation||751 ft (229 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||346.12/sq mi (133.64/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||815, 779|
|Wikimedia Commons||Prairie Grove, Illinois|
Prairie Grove is a village in McHenry County, Illinois, United States, first incorporated in 1973. The population was 1,904 at the 2010 census. Prairie Grove's schools and main social and economic life are shared with the city of Crystal Lake.
Though Prairie Grove had been inhabited by settlers since the early 19th century, the Village of Prairie Grove was incorporated in 1973. Since 2004, Prairie Grove has been a home rule community.
Prairie Grove is served by Prairie Grove School District 46 and Crystal Lake Community Consolidated School District 47, both of which are for students through 8th grade, and Community High School District 155, specifically Prairie Ridge High School, for students in high school.
Prairie Grove is located at  According to the 2010 census, Prairie Grove has a total area of 5.714 square miles (14.80 km2), of which 5.71 square miles (14.79 km2) (or 99.93%) is land and 0.004 square miles (0.01 km2) (or 0.07%) is water.(42.2768346, -88.2693750).
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 960 people, 303 households, and 262 families residing in the village. The population density was 207.2 people per square mile (80.1/km2). There were 308 housing units at an average density of 66.5 per square mile (25.7/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 96.98% White, 0.62% African American, 0.21% Native American, 1.04% Asian, 0.42% from other races, and 0.73% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.25% of the population.
There are households, out of which 46.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 80.5% were married couples living together, 3.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 13.5% were non-families. 7.9% of all households were made up of individuals, and 2.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.17 and the average family size was 3.37.
In the village, the population was spread out, with 31.0% under the age of 18, 6.1% from 18 to 24, 29.4% from 25 to 44, 27.3% from 45 to 64, and 6.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females, there were 97.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.4 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $93,361, and the median income for a family was $102,087. Males had a median income of $70,417 versus $30,313 for females. The per capita income for the village was $36,234. None of the families and 1.3% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 64.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 14, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Village of Prairie Grove
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
-  American FactFinder, U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "History". prairiegrove.org. Archived from the original on 2015-03-02. Retrieved 2016-03-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "About Us". prairiegrove.org. Archived from the original on 2016-03-29. Retrieved 2016-03-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Home". dist46.org. Retrieved 2016-03-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Overview / Boundary Maps". d47.org. Retrieved 2016-03-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Map of Crystal Lake" (PDF). Ww3.d155.org. Retrieved 2016-03-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2020-02-13. Retrieved 2015-12-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)