Prairie Ridge High School
|This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (November 2015)|
|Prairie Ridge High School|
|6000 Dvorak Dr.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
|Type||Public High School|
|Oversight||Community High School District 155|
|Dean||Ed Weaver & Emory Swinney|
|Principal||Dr. Steven Koch|
|Website||Prairie Ridge High School|
Prairie Ridge High School is the newest of the four high schools in Community High School District 155 in Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States. The other three high school in the area include Crystal Lake Central, Crystal Lake South, and Cary-Grove. Prairie Ridge High school opened in 1997 to address the overpopulation of the three area high schools. In addition to Crystal Lake, Prairie Ridge also accepts students from Prairie Grove, Oakwood Hills, Burtons Bridge, Ridgefield, and small portions of McHenry, Cary, and Bull Valley. Prior to opening its doors, the first graduating class of students was allowed to vote on the name, colors, and song for the new High School. The District approved the name, and Prairie Ridge was born. As of the 2015-2016 school year, Prairie Ridge is the smallest high school in District 155.
Prairie Ridge competes in the Fox Valley Conference, which is a member of the Illinois High School Association (IHSA). Both boys and girls swimming co-ops with Cary-Grove, CL Central, and CL South.
The baseball team won the 2007-08 IHSA State Championship. The Football team won the class 6A IHSA 2011-2012 and 2016-2017 state championships. The Boys' Soccer Team won the 1999-2000 IHSA State Championship. The Boys' Wrestling Team has had two state champions, David Vinton in 2009-2010, and Travis Piotrowski in 2015-2016.
- Amy LePeilbet—2012 Olympic Gold Medalist in Women's Soccer. Professional women's soccer player with the FC Kansas City and defender on the United States Women's National Soccer Team
- Jared Boll—Professional NHL hockey player with the Anaheim Ducks and formerly the Columbus Blue Jackets
- Michael Heesch—2012 8th round draft pick by the Chicago Cubs. Spent the 2013 season with the Kane County Cougars.
- Kristine Leahy—American television host and sports reporter
- "Prairie Ridge High School About". Ww3.d155.org. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Prairie Ridge High School Administration". Ww3.d155.org. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Map of Crystal Lake" (PDF). Ww3.d155.org. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- Stevenson, Joe (November 26, 2016). "High School Football: Prairie Ridge Wins 6A State Championship". Northwest Herald. Retrieved November 28, 2016.