Prairie Ridge High School
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (November 2015)
|Prairie Ridge High School|
6000 Dvorak Drive
|Oversight||Community High School District 155|
|Dean||Amy Langelund & Connie Kendall|
|Principal||Dr. Steven Koch|
|Website||Prairie Ridge High School|
Prairie Ridge High School is the newest of the four high schools in Community High School District 155 in Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States. The other three high school in the area include Crystal Lake Central, Crystal Lake South, and Cary-Grove. Prairie Ridge High school opened in 1997 to address the overpopulation of the three area high schools. In addition to Crystal Lake's areas with the 60012 zipcode, Prairie Ridge also accepts students from the Northern and Eastern areas of Crystal Lake with the 60014 zipcode, along with Prairie Grove, Oakwood Hills, Burtons Bridge, Ridgefield, and small portions of McHenry, Cary, and Bull Valley. Prior to opening its doors, the first graduating class of students was allowed to vote on the name, colors, and song for the new High School. The District approved the name, and Prairie Ridge was born. As of the 2015-2016 school year, Prairie Ridge is the smallest high school in District 155.
Prairie Ridge competes in the Fox Valley Conference, which is a member of the Illinois High School Association (IHSA). Both boys and girls swimming co-ops with Cary-Grove, CL Central, and CL South.
The baseball team won the 2007-08 IHSA State Championship. The Football team has 3 Class 6A state titles. One in 2011 with a 13-1 record. Back to Back state champs in 2016 and 2017 with a win streak of 28 games.  The Boys' Soccer Team won the 1999-2000 IHSA State Championship. The Boys' Wrestling Team has had two state champions, David Vinton in 2009-2010, and Travis Piotrowski in 2015-2016.
- Jared Boll, Professional NHL hockey player with the Anaheim Ducks and formerly the Columbus Blue Jackets
- Kevin Kaczmarski, Major League Baseball player with the New York Mets
- Kristine Leahy (2005), American television host and sports reporter
- Amy LePeilbet, 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist in Women's Soccer. Professional women's soccer player with the FC Kansas City and defender on the United States Women's National Soccer Team
- Nick Martini, Major League Baseball player with the Oakland Athletics
- "Prairie Ridge High School About". Ww3.d155.org. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- "Prairie Ridge High School Administration". Ww3.d155.org. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Map of Crystal Lake" (PDF). Ww3.d155.org. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- Stevenson, Joe (November 26, 2016). "High School Football: Prairie Ridge Wins 6A State Championship". Northwest Herald. Retrieved November 28, 2016.
- Zaleon, Avi (June 23, 2018). "Kaczmarski goes from Prairie Ridge to Majors". Northwest Herald. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
- Gowins, Hilary. "On the Record With...Kristine Leahy," Northwest Herald (Crystal Lake, IL), Friday, September 9, 2011. Retrieved December 3, 2018
- Musick, Tom (February 7, 2014). "Musick: New season, new swing for Prairie Ridge grad Martini | Northwest Herald". Nwherald.com. Retrieved June 6, 2018.