Prairie Township, Kosciusko County, Indiana
A farm at Clunette
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.76 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Land||35.23 sq mi (91.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.52 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|Elevation||850 ft (259 m)|
|• Density||46.9/sq mi (18.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453769|
Prairie Township was organized in 1838 and named from its setting upon the prairie.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.76 square miles (92.6 km2), of which 35.23 square miles (91.2 km2) (or 98.52%) is land and 0.52 square miles (1.3 km2) (or 1.45%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Biographical and Historical Record of Kosciusko County, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1887. p. 712.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Kosciusko County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|