Prairie Township, Washington County, Arkansas
|Township of Prairie|
Location of Prairie Township in Washington County
Location of Washington County in Arkansas
|• Total||29.8 sq mi (77 km2)|
|• Land||29.7 sq mi (77 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,440 ft (440 m)|
|• Density||119/sq mi (46/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||69797|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Prairie Township, Washington County, Arkansas|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Morrow Township covers an area of 29.8 square miles (77 km2); with 29.7 miles (47.8 km) being land and the remaining 0.1 miles (0.16 km) being water. The township has been fragmented by the expansion of Fayetteville and thus Fayetteville Township. Prairie now consists of two main segments along Fayetteville's eastern edge and three very small segments on Fayetteville's west side.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains Hester Cemetery and St. Joseph Cemetery.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- Baker, Russell (1985). Arkansas Township Atlas 1819-1930. Hot Springs, AR: Arkansas Genealogical Society. p. 202. OCLC 11528205.
- "Township of Prairie, Washington County, Arkansas". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
||Springdale Township||Brush Creek Township|
|Fayetteville Township||Goshen Township
|Greenland Township||Richland Township
White River Township