Prairie Township, White County, Indiana
Location in White County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||66.61 sq mi (172.5 km2)|
|• Land||66.59 sq mi (172.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||686 ft (209 m)|
|• Density||47.8/sq mi (18.5/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47920, 47923|
|GNIS feature ID||453773|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 66.61 square miles (172.5 km2), of which 66.59 square miles (172.5 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Big Creek Township (north)
- Jefferson Township, Carroll County (northeast)
- Tippecanoe Township, Carroll County (east)
- Tippecanoe Township, Tippecanoe County (south)
- Wabash Township, Tippecanoe County (southwest)
- Round Grove Township (west)
- West Point Township (northwest)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Carr, Chalmers, Harvey and Phebus, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Smelcer and Spring Creek.
Airports and landing strips
- Bartlett Airport
- Frontier School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 15
- State House District 24
- State Senate District 07
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Hamelle, W. H. (1915). A Standard History of White County, Indiana: An Authentic Narrative of the Past, with an Extended Survey of Modern Developments in the Progress of Town and Country. Unigraphic. p. 211.
- Counties of White and Pulaski, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. 1883. p. 114.