This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dr Prajapati Trivedi
|Secretary, Performance Management, Cabinet Secretariat|
2 January 2009 – 8 August 2014
|Preceded by||Position established|
|Succeeded by||Dr SB Agnihotri|
|Chairman, National Authority Chemical Weapons Convention, Cabinet Secretariat|
2 January 2009 – 8 August 2014
|Preceded by||Dr. Renuka Viswanathan|
|Succeeded by||Dr. Gurdial Singh Sandhu|
|Born||9 August 1953|
|Alma mater||St. Stephens College|
London School of Economics
|Occupation||Economist, writer and administrator|
Dr. Prajapati Trivedi (born August 1953) is an Indian economist.
Dr. Prajapati Trivedi is currently the Senior Director at the Commonwealth Secretariat looking after the Economic, Youth and Sustainable Development Directorate  in London, UK. In addition, he is a Visiting Fellow at the IBM Center for The Business of Government, Washington, DC, and visiting Economics Faculty at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Until January 2018, he was the Senior Fellow (Governance) and Adjunct Professor of Public Policy and Faculty Chair for the Management Programme in Public Policy (MPPP) at the Indian School of Business. He previously served as a Secretary to the Government of India. In January 2009, he was appointed as the first Secretary pf Performance Management. Based in the Cabinet Secretariat with the responsibility of managing government performance, he reviewed and reported to the Cabinet Secretary/Prime Minister on the performance of all government departments. He also headed the National Authority for Chemical Weapons Convention as its chairman. Dr. Trivedi worked for fourteen years (1994-2009) as a Senior Economist for the World Bank in Washington, DC, before joining the Government of India in 2009. He was previously Economic Adviser to Government of India from 1992 to 1994.
In 2017 he became the first Indian to receive the International Public Administration Award  given by the American Society for Public Administration for contributing significantly to the field of public administration as a scholar and practitioner.
On March 11, 2019, Prof. Trivedi was awarded the Harry Hatry Distinguished Performance Management Practice Award for 2019 in Washington, DC. This award is presented each year by the Center for Accountability and Performance (CAP), American Society for Public Administration (ASPA). The Hatry Award is presented to an individual whose outstanding teaching, education, training, and consultation in performance management has made a significant contribution to the practice of public administration.
Dr. Trivedi has authored the following books:
- How to implement Privatization Transactions
- A Critique of Public Enterprise Policy
- Applied Microeconomics for Public Policy Makers
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Performance Management in Government - A Primer for Leaders
- http://www.businessofgovernment.org/blog/business-government/what-does-performance-management-look-india -IBM Center for the Business Government - What Does Performance Management Look Like in India? - by John M. Kamensky - Background
- http://nacwc.nic.in/?q=chairman -Chairman NACWC
- http://www.bide.com/Workshop%20III/html/faculty.html - Lead Faculty
- http://www.performance.gov.in/?q=secy-pm - Secretary, Performance Management
- International Public Administration Award