|Alma mater||UVCE, Bangalore|
|The Kashmir Files, Stumble (2003)|
|Political party||Lok Satta Party|
|Relatives||Sudha Belawadi (sister)|
Samyukta Hornad (niece)
Prakash Belawadi is an Indian theatre, film, television and media personality, teacher, activist and journalist from Bangalore. He has participated in many seminars, conferences and festivals in India and abroad. He has been a motivational speaker at events and TEDx conferences. He is also a mentor with the founding team of BISFF (Bengaluru International Short Film Festival) since 2010.
Belawadi was born into a family of theatre artistes in Bangalore, in the erstwhile Mysore State (now Karnataka). His father, Belavadi Nanjundaiah Narayan (1929–2003) popularly known as Makeup Nani, was a personality in Kannada theatre, who also appeared in films, and worked as a make-up artist alongside. His mother, Bhargavi Narayan, was a renowned film and theatre artiste. His siblings Sujata, Sudha and Pradeep, and nieces and nephews are also variously connected with theatre, music, television and cinema. He completed his elementary education at Mahila Seva Samaja, higher school education in National High School, following which he completed his pre-university course at National College, Bangalore. He obtained a degree in mechanical engineering from University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering in 1983,
- Prakash Belawadi's debut film Stumble, which he wrote and directed, won the National Award for Best Film in the English language, 2003.
- He was conferred ‘Pratibha Bhushan’ in 2003 by the Government of Karnataka for his contribution to culture.
- He was recipient of Karnataka Nataka Academy Award (2011–12) for his contribution to English and Kannada language theatre, and
- He was awarded the ‘Pride of Karnataka’ by Bangalore Round Table (2015),.
- He was the ‘Varshada Kannadiga’ (2015) in the field of entertainment, conferred by News 18 Kannada.
- He was given Helpmann Award, Australia (2019) for Best Actor, Male in the play 'Counting and Cracking', Belvoir St. Theatre, Sydney".
Belawadi as mentioned earlier has participated in many seminars, conferences and festivals in India and abroad, including the Beyond Bollywood conference at the Gothenburg International Film Festival, 2010  the Performing Arts Market conference in Seoul, 2011  the 50th Theatertreffen – annual theatre festival meet at Berlin, 2013  and the seminar and exhibition, ‘Nature – A Good Idea’ at Trollhättan, Sweden in 2014. He has been faculty for film courses in Sweden and Istanbul, Turkey.
|Uttama Villain||Dr D. S. (Neurosurgeon)||Tamil||Extended Cameo|
|Aatagara||Dr. Chetan Bhagawat||Kannada|
|Fading Red||ACP Ravikumar||Kannada||Short film|
|Kiragoorina Gayyaligalu||A Government Officer||Kannada|
|2017||Take Off||Rajan Menon||Malayalam|
|Meri Pyaari Bindu||Bindu's father||Hindi|
|The House Next Door||Hindi|
|2019||The Accidental Prime Minister||M. K. Narayanan||Hindi|
|The Tashkent Files||GK Anantha Suresh||Hindi|
|Katha Sangama||Sathya Murthy||Kannada|
|2020||Shakuntala Devi||Bishaw Mitra Mani||Hindi|
|Soorarai Pottru||Prakash Babu||Tamil|
|2022||One Cut Two Cut||Pruthiraj||Kannada|
|2022||The Kashmir Files||Dr. Mahesh Kumar||Hindi|
|TBA||Mysore Masala: The UFO Incident||Dr. Satyaprakash||Kannada|||
|2020||High||Dr. Shridhar Roy||Hindi||MX Player|
|2021||Mumbai Diaries 26/11||Dr. Mani Subramaniam||Hindi||Amazon Prime Video||recurring role|
|2022||Humble Politician Nograj||Krishna Gundu Bala (KGB)||Kannada||Voot Select||Main cast|
- His debut film feature has now been included in the national telecaster Doordarshan's Best of Indian Cinema series.
- The serial ‘Garva’, which he wrote and directed in 2001 is still considered a classic among Kannada serials.
But Belawadi believes he belongs to the stage.
Belawadi is one of the founding members of Citizens for Bengaluru, an active platform for people to engage with the city government to make it accountable to citizens. Belawadi curates ‘Rotary Avani’, an annual ecology festival in Bengaluru between 22 April, International Mother Earth Day and 5 June, World Environment Day, to create awareness about the environment, in The Five Elements – Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Sky, so that people, together with government, industry, business and citizens can participate in initiatives to improve urban ecological health.
- Patel, Aakar (31 August 2013). "A restless Renaissance Man".
- "TEDx talks by Prakash Belwadi". Simply Life India Speakers Bureau.
- "Interactive Movies, Prakash Belawadi, TEDxSIBMBengaluru". YouTube.
- "When Tomorrow Comes, Prakash Belawadi, TEDxBITBangalore". YouTube.
- "Identities," Are you really what you are ? ", Prakash Belawadi, TEDxNMIMSBangalore". YouTube.
- "Prakash Belawadi, A mentor at BISFF'19". Bengaluru International Short Film Festival.
- "BEST OF BANGALORE - Innovation Edition". Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "Family time in Kannada films". Deccan Herald. 8 November 2019.
- "Prakash Belawadi - Ward No 142 - Loksatta Party (LSP) Candidate - BBMP Elections". My Bengaluru. 26 March 2010.
- "Alumni of UVCE".
- "The 50th National Film Awards". outlookindia.com.
- "Pratibha Bhushan title is conferred on Nikhil Joshi and Prakash Belawadi (culture)". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 19 August 2003.
- "Venkatswamy, Belawadi get Nataka Academy Awards". newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- "Pride of Karnataka Awards 2015". Round Table India blogs.
- "Kannadiga of the year 2018". Kannadiga of the year 2018.
- "Best Male Actor in a Play, Helpmann Awards 2019".
- "Helpmann awards 2019: Belvoir sweeps stage industry accolades over two nights". TheGuardian.com. 15 July 2019.
- "Archives for Prakash Belawadi". Bangalore Literature Festival.
- Duttagupta, Ishani. "Sweden-India Nobel Memorial Week: Does Rabindranath Tagore still matter". The Economic Times. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- "A Lecture Series on the Practitioner's Approach Lecture 7, Production of Knowledge in the Arts, FIXING CLIVE in HISTORY". The Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute of Science.
- "Prakash Belwadi at the Mangaluru Literary Festival 2018". The Hindu. 31 October 2018. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- "Prakash Belwadi at the Mangaluru Literary Festival 2019". The Deccan Herald. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "Beyond Bollywood". GU Journal no 5-2010. Retrieved 11 November 2010.
- "Venue in Need for More In-depth Interactive Discussions" (PDF).
- HORWITZ, ANDY (23 August 2013). "Notes From Berlin". culturebot.org. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "NATURE: A GOOD IDEA".
- "Film Lab - to Explore the Image of The Other (FBF630)". akademinvaland.gu.se.
- "Mani Ratnam isn't a fan of horror films: Milind Rau".
- "A multi-starrer sci-fi adventure drama in the works in Kannada - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "THE BEST of INDIAN CINEMA on DD NATIONAL 'Stumble'". facebook.com.
- "16 Old Kannada TV Serials Which Have Made Our Childhood Awesome and Fun-filled". metrosaga.com. 23 September 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- ""I Can Quit Acting, Not Theatre" Says Actor-Director Prakash Belawadi". starofmysore.com. 2 August 2017.
- "How Bengaluru got its pride back: The steel flyover protests gave it a robust citizen's movement". scroll.in. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "Celebrating Environment by Rotary Avani".
- I'm involved in issues that hurt us the most: Prakash Belawadi-Yourstory
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Prakash Belawadi.|