Pramod Kumar Misra
Pramod Kumar Mishra
Mishra addressing a conference in June 2017.
|Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of India|
|Assumed office |
11 September 2019
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Preceded by||Nripendra Misra|
|Succeeded by||rajiv gauba|
|Chairman of Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission|
2 September 2008 – 11 August 2013
|Agriculture Secretary of India|
1 December 2006 – 31 August 2008
|Born||11 August 1948|
Pramod Kumar Misra (IAST: Pramoda Kumāra Miśrā; born 11 August 1948), often abbreviated to as P. K. Misra, is a re-employed 1972 batch IAS officer belonging to Gujarat cadre. He currently is the Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi.
Pramod Kumar Mishra has graduate, postgraduate and PhD degrees in economics. He also has a postgraduate degree in development economics.He is a graduate from the prestigious Delhi School Of Economics
On 11 September 2019, he was appointed as the Principal Secretary of the Prime Minister of India. Apart from serving as the Additional Principal Secretary in the Prime Minister's Office, Mishra has served in various key positions for both Indian and Gujarat governments, such as the Additional Chief Secretary (Revenue), Principal Secretary (Agriculture and Cooperation), Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister of Gujarat, member of the Gujarat Electricity Board, and as the district magistrate and collector of Mehsana and Banaskantha districts in the Government of Gujarat, and as the Union Agriculture Secretary, special secretary in Ministry of Home Affairs, additional secretary in Ministry of Urban Development, and as the member secretary of National Capital Region Planning Board in the Government of India.
After his retirement from the Indian Administrative Service, Mishra was appointed the chairman of Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission (GERC) by the Chief Minister of Gujarat. His term as the chairman of GERC came to an end on 11 August 2013, when he attained the age of 65.
Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister
After the election of Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister of India, Mishra was appointed as the Additional Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of India, in the rank and status of Cabinet Minister, the Government of India's topmost bureaucrat, and was deemed to have been re-employed into the IAS.
During his tenure as additional principal secretary, Misra has been considered to be one of the best bureaucrats in India.
On 11 June 2019, Misra was re-appointed as Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved his appointment along with re-appointment of Principal Secretary Nripendra Misra with effect from 31 May 2019. These appointments were designated to be co-terminus with the term of the Prime Minister. On 11 September 2019 PK Mishra is appointment as a principal secretary of Prime Minister of India
- He attended the convocation ceremony 2019 which was held in Sambalpur University along with Governor of Odisha Ganeshi Lal.
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) on 17 May 2019 conferred the prestigious Sasakawa Award 2019 for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- "Dr Pramod Kumar Mishra - Executive Record Sheet". Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "P K Mishra is back in Gujarat". Times of India. 8 September 2008.
- "PK Mishra is GERC chief". Times of India. 2 September 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Union Agriculture Secretary appointed GERC Chairman". The Indian Express. 2 September 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- Khanna, Rajeev (26 November 2013). "New GERC chief: Panel wants to interview all applicants". Times of India. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- Iype, George (31 May 2006). "What does the Cabinet Secretary do?". Rediff.com. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "PK Sinha to be next cabinet secretary: All you should know about India's most powerful bureaucrat". Firstpost. FP Staff. Network 18. 29 May 2015. Retrieved 6 August 2018.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "From Power Secretary to one of the best bureaucrat". Business Line. Our Bureau. New Delhi: The Hindu Group. 29 May 2015. ISSN 0971-7528. OCLC 456162874. Retrieved 6 August 2018.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Dr. P. K. Mishra Appointed Additional Principal Secretary to PM". Press Information Bureau of India. 10 June 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "P K Mishra appointed additional principal secretary to PM". Times of India. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "P.K Mishra appointed Additional Principal Secretary to Modi". The Indian Express. 10 June 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Ex-agriculture secy P K Mishra is Modi's Addl Principal Secy". The Indian Express. New Delhi: Indian Express Group. Express News Service. 10 June 2014. OCLC 70274541. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "P.K. Mishra is Additional Principal Secretary to PM". The Hindu. New Delhi: N. Ram. Press Trust of India. 11 June 2018. ISSN 0971-751X. OCLC 13119119. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- Unnithan, Sandeep (19 April 2018). "Official Top 10: Hidden power". India Today. Aroon Purie. ISSN 0254-8399. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Odisha Governor, Principal Secretary to the PMO, PK Mishra attended 30th convocation ceremony of #Sambalpur University". OdishaDiary. 29 November 2019. Retrieved 29 November 2019.
- "United Nations confers PM Narendra Modi's secretary PK Mishra with prestigious Sasakawa Award 2019". uniindia. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to P. K. Misra.|