This article may need to be rewritten to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2019)
Pranav Mistry using SixthSense
|Known for||Inventor of SixthSense, Mouseless, SPARSH, TeleTouch and head of team of Samsung Galaxy GEAR|
|Awards||2009 TR35 by Technology Review|
2010 Creativity 50
Pranav Mistry (born 14 May 1981) is a computer scientist and inventor. He is the President and CEO of Samsung STAR Labs since October 2019. He is best known for his work on SixthSense, Samsung Galaxy Gear and Project Beyond.
Mistry joined Samsung as the Director of Research in 2012, and currently serves as the Global Vice President of it. He introduced Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch in September 2013. Before joining MIT, Pranav worked as a UX Researcher with Microsoft. In the past, he has worked with Google, CMU, NASA, UNESCO, Japan Science & Technology Agency. He was the Global Senior Vice President of search at Samsung and the head of Think Tank Team. He is the President and CEO Samsung STAR Labs since October 2019.
He was honored as the 'Young Global Leader 2013' by the World Economic Forum.
Mistry is best known for his work on SixthSense. Among some of his other works, he has invented Mouseless – an invisible computer mouse; Sparsh – a novel way to copy-paste data between digital devices; Quickies – intelligent sticky notes that can be searched, located and can send reminders and messages; Blinkbot - a gaze and blink controlled robot; a pen that can draw in 3D; and a public map that can act as Google of physical world.
Pranav's research on SixthSense was awarded the 2009 Invention Award by Popular Science. He was also named to the MIT Technology Review TR35 as one of the top 35 innovators in the world under the age of 35. In 2010, he was named to Creativity Magazine's Creativity 50. Mistry has been called "one of ten, best inventors in the world right now" by Chris Anderson. Mistry has been listed as one of the 15 Asian Scientists To Watch by Asian Scientist Magazine on 15 May 2011. GQ India listed Pranav as one of the most powerful Digital Indians. He was listed as one of the 37 Indians of Tomorrow by India Today. Pranav Mistry was also honored as Young Global Leader 2013 by World Economic Forum.
Awards and achievements
- Young Global Leader 2013 Award, World Economic Forum 
- 50 Most Creative People of the Year 2010, CREATIVITY 50
- TR35 2009 award, Technology Review
- Invention of the Year 2009 award, Popular Science
- Nominee for Forbes India’s Person of the Year 2009
- Ahaskar, Abhijit (26 October 2019). "Pranav Mistry joins the pantheon of Indians at helm of major tech companies". livemint. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "Samsung Unveils Galaxy Gear Smartwatch". 4 September 2013.
- "Samsung unveils Project Beyond, a 3D-capturing camera for Gear VR".
- "Palanpuri boy reinvents the humble watch". dnaindia.com. 6 September 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "Indian techie takes centre stage at Galaxy Gear smartwatch launch". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Popular Science 2009 Invention Award
- BBC SixthSense blurs digital and the real.
- CNN Fareed Zakaria GPS: Innovation Nation
- SixthSense By Pranav Mistry Top Inventor Under-35
- "2009 Young Innovators Under 35: Pranav Mistry, 28". Technology Review. 2009. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- 2010 Creativity 50 Archived 2 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine List of 50 most influential and inspiring creative personalities of 2010
- TEDtalk Pranav Mistry and Chris Andersen discussion at the end.
- "The Ultimate List Of 15 Asian Scientists To Watch – Pranav Mistry". AsianScientist.com. 15 May 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- "The World's most powerful digital Indians". gqindia.com. 1 April 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "The World's most powerful digital Indians - Pranav Mistry". gqindia.com. 1 April 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Indians of Tomorrow". indiatoday.com. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "Pranav Mistry- Young Global Leader 2013. World Economic Forum". weforum.org. 12 April 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- Samsung's think tank head Pranav Mistry keen to work with PM Narendra Modi
- "Leonardo da Mistry".
- "about Pranav Mistry". Pranavmistry.com. Retrieved 28 August 2012.