|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta for Calgary-Foothills|
|Assumed office |
September 3, 2015
|Preceded by||Jim Prentice|
|Born||1962/1963 (age 55–56)|
Sangam Jagarlamudi, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Political party||United Conservative|
|Wildrose (until 2017)|
Prasad Panda is a Canadian politician who was elected in a by-election to the Legislative Assembly of Alberta representing the electoral district of Calgary-Foothills, replacing former Alberta Premier Jim Prentice.
Panda introduced Motion 505, a resolution calling on the federal government to ban the import of oil from countries with a poor human rights or environmental record, and to facilitate pipelines within Canada to ensure better prices for Alberta oil.
|Alberta provincial by-election, September 3, 2015: Calgary-Foothills|
Voiding of general election results due to Jim Prentice disclaiming his seat
|New Democratic||Bob Hawkesworth||3,270||25.71||-6.65|
|Progressive Conservative||Blair Houston||2,746||21.59||-18.74|
|Liberal||Ali Bin Zahid||791||6.22||-0.94|
|Alberta Party||Mark Taylor||610||4.80||+4.80|
|Total valid votes||12,717|
|Total rejected, unmarked and declined ballots|
|Wildrose gain from Progressive Conservative||Swing||+19.49|
|Alberta general election, 2015: Calgary-Northern Hills|
|New Democratic||Jamie Kleinsteuber||6,641||38.2|
|Progressive Conservative||Teresa Woo-Paw||5,343||30.7|
|Total valid votes||17,376||100.0|
|Rejected, spoiled and declined||160|
|Source: Elections Alberta|
|Alberta general election, 2012: Calgary-Northern Hills|
|Progressive Conservative||Teresa Woo-Paw||6,144||49.02%|
|New Democratic||Stephanie Westlund||694||5.54%|
- "Wildrose's Panda defeats NDP in Calgary-Foothills byelection battle". Calgary Herald, September 4, 2015.
- "Report on 2015 Calgary-Foothills and 2016 Calgary-Greenway By-elections". Elections Alberta, November 15, 2016.
- Passifiume,Bryan:'Panda beats Hawkesworth as Wildrose wins Calgary provincial byelection' Calgary Sun, September 3, 2015.
- "Breakenridge: Governments should stand back and let energy economy take its course". Calgary Herald, June 6, 2017.
- David Thurton,'It takes forever': Another delay hits proposed Fort McMurray oilsands mine'. CBC News, November 9, 2017.
- "2015 Provincial General Election Results". Elections Alberta. Archived from the original on 2017-08-01. Retrieved 2017-08-01.
|This article about an Alberta politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|