Prasads Large Screen
|Location||Necklace Road, Hyderabad, Telangana State, India|
|Opening date||24 July 2002|
|Developer||Prasad Media Corporation Limited|
|No. of stores and services||243|
|No. of floors||3|
Prasad's is a centrally air conditioned multiplex of an area of 2,35,000 sq ft in Hyderabad, India. It houses a movie theatre, a six screen multiplex, food court, multinational fast food outlets, a gaming zone and a shopping mall covering two levels of the complex. It used to be an IMAX theatre.
Prasads IMAX of the L. V. Prasad group, was inaugurated on July 25, 2002 at the premises of the historical Hussain Sagar Thermal Power Station, after its demolition. IMAX leased its projection system to Prasads on a 33-year lease for $4.5 million.
As of 2017, the IMAX official website has removed its name from the list of IMAX theatres in India, stating that Prasads is no longer an IMAX theatre.
- "GHMC – Prasad's IMAX". Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation. Archived from the original on 25 January 2012. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- Dan Nosowitz (30 May 2009). "The Seven IMAX Wonders of the World". Gizmodo.
- "IMAX theatre open to public from tomorrow". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 24 July 2003. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "World's largest 3D IMax to open in Hyderabad". 10 June 2003.
- "Prasads – Entertainment . Complete". www.prasadz.com. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Prasads IMAX.|
|This article about a theatre building in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|