|Other names||Kishan, Kajal and Mahesh|
|Organization||Communist Party of India (Maoist)|
|Part of a series on|
|Communism in India|
Prashant Bose, commonly known by his nom de guerre Kishan, is a senior Politburo member of the Communist Party of India (Maoist). He has previously used Nirbhay Mukherjee, Kajal, Kishan-da and Mahesh as aliases. Kishan, the former MCCI chief is now No. 2 in the CPI (Maoist). He is in charge of Bihar and Jharkhand and heading the Party’s Eastern Regional Bureau. And this Bengali Maoist leader, 72 in age , is also a known intellectual.
In September 2004, Maoist Communist Centre of India and Communist Party of India (Marxist–Leninist) People's War had joined to form CPI (Maoist). The agreement had been signed between Kishan, General Secretary, Central Committee of Maoist Communist Centre of India and Ganapathy, General Secretary Central Committee, CPI (M-L People's War).
- "Why Rao prefers to be known as Kishenji". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2010-04-18. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "CD revealing deadly Naxalite tactics seized". Hindustantimes.com. 2009-10-22. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "SPRING THUNDER". Tahelka.com. 2005-03-19. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Ghandy confirms Nepal link, made 4 trips, met top Maoist leaders". Expressindia.com. 2010-01-31. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Red Rot". Satp.org SOUTH ASIA INTELLIGENCE REVIEW Volume.9, No.5. 09-08-2010. Retrieved 2010-11-01. Check date values in:
- "Maoists to Start Helpline From September 21". News.outlookindia.com. 2010-09-20. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Top leader's arrest a big blow to Maoist movement". Hindu.com. 2007-12-19. Retrieved 2010-11-01.