Nanda in TeachAIDS interview, 2013
|Member: 12th and 14th Odisha Legislative Assembly|
|Preceded by||Janaki Ballabh Patnaik|
|Succeeded by||Prasanta Kumar Jagadev|
|Preceded by||Harihara Sahoo|
|Succeeded by||Janaki Ballabh Patnaik|
|MP of Rajya Sabha for Odisha|
|Assumed office |
4th April 2018
|Preceded by||Dilip Kumar Tirkey, BJD|
2 May 1947
|Political party||Biju Janata Dal|
|Nationalist Congress Party, Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Occupation||Actor, director, screenplay writer, lyricist, playback singer, politician|
Prashanta Nanda (born 2 May 1947) is an Odia movie actor and politician in the Indian state of Odisha. He is currently a Member of Parliament at Rajya Sabha the Upper house of Indian Parliament from Odisha. He worked in the Odia film industry as an actor, director, screenwriter, lyricist and playback singer. He was also the former Minister of State of Odisha.
In 1962, he debuted in the movie Nua Bou. Nanda worked as an actor, director, screenwriter, lyricist and playback singer. Nanda acted as male lead and directed the Hindi film Naiyya released in the year 1979. In 2009, his film Jianta Bhoota was released.
He was the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) leader and Odisha state Vice President. He resigned from his membership in August 2007. After that he joined the Nationalist Congress Party and then became a member of Biju Janata Dal.
In 2013, it was announced that he had joined other Bollywood and international celebrities in the TeachAIDS initiative, a state-of-the-art approach to worldwide HIV prevention, developed at Stanford University.
- Thukul (2011)
- Jianta Bhoota (2009)
- Kalishankar (2007)
- Om Shanti Om (2002)
- Lal Pan Bibi (1994)
- Ghar Sansar (1
- Maa (1991)
- Jaa Devi Sarva Bhuteshu (1989)
- Nyaya Chakra (1989)
- Lal Paan Bibi (1988)
- Golamgiri (1987)
- Bagula Baguli (1986)
- Paka Kambal Pot Chhota (1986)
- Dora (1984)
- Grahasthi (1984)
- Jaga Balia (1984)
- Swapna Sagara (1983)
- Hisab Nikas (1982)
- Pooja (1981)
- Maa o Mamata (1980)
- Naiyya (1979)
- Balidan (1978)
- Paheli (1977)
- Shesha Shrabana (1976)
- Ghara Sansara
- Sindura Bindu
- Mana Akasa
- Naga Phasa
- Hisab Nikaas
- Jaga Balia
- Heera Neela
- Bagula Baguli
- Jaa Devi Sarva Bhuteshu
- Emiti Bhai Jagate Nahin
- Bohu Haba Emiti
- Swapna Sagara (1983)
- Maa O Mamata
- Paka Kambal Pot Chhota
- Laal Paan Bibi
- Panchu Pandav
- Naiyya (1979) .... Sonu
- Shesha Shrabana (1976) .... Sania
- Samaya (1975)
- Adina Megha (1970) .... Suresh
- Matira Manisha (1966) .... Chakkadi
- Nua Bou(1960)
- Ghara Sansara (1993)
- In 1962 his debut movie Nua Bou was awarded National Film Awards.
- Jianta Bhoota was released, produced by Akshay Parija.won the National Film Award under National Film Award for Best Non-Feature Environment/Conservation/Preservation Film category.
- FitFat Bioscope award, 2005
- Odisha Filmfare Award, 2015 (Lifetime achievement)
- "Actor Prashanta new BJP vice-president". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 13 March 2007.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 June 2008. Retrieved 20 September 2008.
- "Orissa News Online: Crisis in Orissa BJP: Prashant Nanda resigned". orissatimes.net. Archived from the original on 21 November 2008.
- "Former Minister of State, Prashanta Nanda, donates his voice for Odia animated software". TeachAIDS Blog. 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Ollywood History and list of Odia films, cinema, movies". www.insideorissa.co.in. Archived from the original on 30 June 2009. Retrieved 17 March 2009.
- "The Hindu : Other States / Orissa News : FitFat-2008 award for Uttam Mohanty". hindu.com. 2008. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
director and producer Prashant Nanda received the award in 2005
- "Prashant Nanda conferred with lifetime achievement award" (14 February 2016). Odisha Sun Times. Retrieved 7 January 2017.