|Born||4 June 1980|
|Residence||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Occupation||Film director, Screenwriter|
Prashanth Neel is an Indian film director who works in Kannada cinema. He made his debut with the 2014 film, Ugramm starring Sriimurali that emerged as a blockbuster and all time box office hit, also currently directing the kannada magnum opus KGF.
In an interview with a Kannada weekly magazine, Neel said he took to filmmaking initially for want of money, following which he completed a course in the same, eventually developing interest in it. After having completed the course, he decided to cast his brother-in-law and actor Srimurali in Aa Hudugi Neene, a screenplay that he had written during the time. After the latter expressed his concerns due to his inexperience, Neel changed his mind and began observing Srimurali's mannerisms over a period of time, and came up with the project Ugramm, an action film. The film turned out to be a massive commercial success and emerged as one of the highest grossing Kannada films of 2014.
Reports emerged in late-2014 and early-2015 of Neel having been signed to direct three films. The first is a sequel to Ugramm, entitled Ugramm Veeram, which would feature Srimurali reprise his role from Ugramm. His next, KGF is in its post-production stages that features Yash in the lead role. In Aahvana, Puneeth Rajkumar, would play the male lead.
|2014||Ugramm||Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Director – Kannada,|
4th South Indian International Movie Awards for Best Debutant Director
|2018||KGF||Shooting completed on August 15, 2018.
Trailer released on 9 November 2018. Film releasing on 21 December 2018.
- Setlur, Mukund. ""ಸಿನೆಮಾ ಉದ್ದೇಶ ಕತೆ ಹೇಳುವುದಲ್ಲ"- ಪ್ರಶಾಂತ್ ನೀಲ್" [Aim of the Film is Not Narration of the Story] (in Kannada). Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "The Top 5 Kannada films of 2014 so far". rediff.com. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Joy, Prathibha (7 March 2015). "Yash has signed four films". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Suresh, Sunayana (21 May 2014). "Puneeth Rajkumar to work with Engaeyum Eppothum director". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "Nominations for the 62nd Britannia Filmfare Awards (South)". 3 June 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2015.