Prathap C. Reddy
|Prathap C. Reddy|
|Born||Prathap Chandra Reddy
1933 (age 83–84)
Aragonda, Madras Presidency,British India, (now Chittoor district,Andhra Pradesh, India)
|Alma mater||Madras Christian College, Chennai|
|Occupation||Physician, business executive|
Ram Charan Teja (Grandson-in-law) Upasana Kamineni(Grand Daughter)Chiranjeevi(Grandson-in-law's father)
|Awards||Padma Vibhushan (2010)
Padma Bhushan (1991)
Prathap Chandra Reddy (born 1933 in Aragonda) is an Indian entrepreneur and cardiologist, who founded the first corporate chain of hospitals in India – the Apollo Hospitals Group. India Today magazine ranked him #48th in India's 50 Most powerful people of 2017 list.
Reddy, a winner of the 1991 Padma Bhushan, received the Padma Vibhushan, which is India's second-highest civilian award in 2010. In a recent interview for the Creating Emerging Markets project at the Harvard Business School, Reddy explains how he navigated India’s crippling bureaucracy to bring world class healthcare to the country.
- The first 'Apollo Isha Vidya Rural School' at Aragonda!, Apollo Hospitals press release, 25 December 2012, retrieved 2015-04-03
- "The Trailblazer". Express Healthcare. January 2009. Retrieved 2015-04-04.
- Srikar Muthyala (29 September 2015). "The List of Great Entrepreneurs of India in 2015". MyBTechLife.
- "India's 50 powerful people". India Today. April 14, 2017.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "This Year's Padma Awards announced", Pib Nic, Jan 25, 2010, January 25, 2010
- Dr Prathap C Reddy | Chairman Apollo Hospitals Groups
- The four daughters of Apollo | Business Standard
- "Interview with Prathap C. Reddy". Creating Emerging Markets. Harvard Business School.
- on YouTube
- "Trends Over Time: Apollo Hospitals, 1983-2015". Historical Data Visualization. Harvard Business School.
- Hussain, Shabana (Nov 24, 2014). "Apollo Hospitals' Prathap Reddy grooms daughters for leadership positions". Forbes India. Retrieved 16 November 2016.