Prathap C. Reddy
|Prathap Chandra Reddy|
Aragonda, Madras presidency, British India (now Chittoor district)
|Alma mater||Stanley Medical College, Chennai|
|Occupation||Physician, business executive|
|Awards|| Padma Vibhushan (2010)
Padma Bhushan (1991)
Reddy, a winner of the 1991 Padma Bhushan, received the Padma Vibhushan, which is India's second-highest civilian award in 2010. In a recent interview for the Creating Emerging Markets project at the Harvard Business School, Reddy explains how he navigated India’s crippling bureaucracy to bring world class healthcare to the country.
Reddy has four daughters: Preetha Reddy, Suneeta Reddy, Sangeetha Reddy and Shobana Kamineni; all are serving as the Directors in the Apollo Hospitals.
- The first 'Apollo Isha Vidya Rural School' at Aragonda!, Apollo Hospitals press release, 25 December 2012, retrieved 2015-04-03
- "The Trailblazer". Express Healthcare. January 2009. Retrieved 2015-04-04.
- Srikar Muthyala (29 September 2015). "The List of Great Entrepreneurs of India in 2015". MyBTechLife.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "This Year's Padma Awards announced", Pib Nic, Jan 25, 2010, January 25, 2010
- Dr Prathap C Reddy | Chairman Apollo Hospitals Groups
- The four daughters of Apollo | Business Standard