Prathap C. Reddy (born 1933 in Aragonda,) is an Indian entrepreneur and cardiologist, who founded the first corporate chain of hospitals in India – the Apollo Hospitals Group. Reddy, a winner of the 1991 Padma Bhushan, received the Padma Vibhushan, which is India's second-highest civilian award in 2010. He was featured in the Creating Emerging Markets project at the Harvard Business School, which includes interviews with long-time leaders of firms and NGOs in Latin America, South Asia, Turkey and Africa.
Reddy has four daughters who also work for the Apollo Hospital chain.
- ^ The first 'Apollo Isha Vidya Rural School' at Aragonda!, Apollo Hospitals press release, 25 December 2012, retrieved 2015-04-03
- ^ "The Trailblazer". Express Healthcare. January 2009. Retrieved 2015-04-04.
- ^ "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- ^ "This Year's Padma Awards announced", Pib Nic, Jan 25, 2010, January 25, 2010
- ^ Dr Prathap C Reddy | Chairman Apollo Hospitals Groups
- ^ a b The four daughters of Apollo | Business Standard
- ^ http://www.hbs.edu/businesshistory/emerging-markets/pages/profile-detail.aspx?profile=pcreddy