|Directed by||Ravi Raja Pinisetty|
|Produced by||Allu Aravind|
|Written by||Anees Bazmee|
J. V. Somayajulu
|Distributed by||Geetha Arts|
Pratibandh (Hindi: प्रतिबंध) is a 1990 Bollywood action film directed by Ravi Raja Pinisetty the film stars Chiranjeevi, Juhi Chawla and Rami Reddy in the lead roles. The film marked the Bollywood debut of leading Telugu film star Chiranjeevi. Juhi Chawla received Filmfare Best Actress Award nomination. The blockbuster film is a remake of the Telugu film Ankusam starring Rajasekhar, directed by Kodi Rama Krishna.
Chiranjeevi plays a hard nose, honest cop, Inspector Siddanth, who fights for his beliefs. He gets in trouble with the villain (Rami Reddy) when he first refuses his bribe and then protects a witness to his crimes, Shanthi (Juhi Chawla). His guru (J. V. Somayajulu) becomes a minister and stands in the way of the villains. Because Siddanth spoils their assassination attempts and kills one of Rami Reddy's henchmen, Rami Reddy kills Shanthi, Siddanth's wife. In a last attempt to save his guru as well as to prove to him that the other police officers and Reddy were trying to kill him, Siddanth lights the very torch, which is placed with explosives, that his guru was supposed to and dies.
- "Kabhi Hua Nahi Kabhi Dekha Nahi" - Amit Kumar, Alka Yagnik
- "Pyar Mujhe Tum Karte Ho Itna" - Alka Yagnik, Amit Kumar
- "Baccho Bajao Tali Aayi Khilone Wali" - Alka Yagnik
- "Yeh Badnaseeb Bachcha" - N/A
- Chiranjeevi as Siddhant
- Juhi Chawla as Shanti
- Rami Reddy as "Spot" Nana
- Harish Patel as Katkar
- J. V. Somayajulu as Chief Minister Satyendra Sharma
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda as Home Minister
- Shafi Inamdar as Corrupt Police Official
- Reema Lagoo as Court Judge
- Allu Sirish as child artist
The original Telugu version was a big hit of the year and the Hindi version was a hit at the box office. The movie fetched Juhi Chawla a Filmfare Best Actress Award nomination. Pratibandh made Chiranjeevi notable at the national level, as he was already a megastar in the south.
|1991||Juhi Chawla||Filmfare Award for Best Actress||Nominated|