|Directed by||T. Krishna|
|Produced by||Cherukuri Ramoji Rao|
Kota Srinivasa Rao
P. L. Narayana
Narra Venkateswara Rao
|Music by||K. Chakravarthy|
Pratighatana (Telugu: ప్రతిఘటన) is a 1985 Telugu action drama film about a woman's fight against corruption and criminalization of politics in India. Vijayshanti acted the leading role while Chandra Mohan acted as her husband. This film was directed by a noted Telugu director T. Krishna. The film was premiered at International Film Festival of India and has garnered the Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu). Later it was remade in Malayalam as Pakarathinu Pakaram.
Jhansi, wife of a lawyer Gopalakrishna, works as a college lecturer. The city life was always disrupted by a group of street criminals supported by the ruling party. These criminals humiliate Jhansi in front of a large crowd by showing her nude on the street when she refuses to take back her complaint against the criminal Kali for murdering a police officer in public. Her husband remains helpless despite being a lawyer fearing of the consequences that they may face in future if they went to court for justice. Meanwhile, the leader of the criminals, the villain, gets elected to the legislative assembly and arranges an open meeting to celebrate his election. Jhansi kills the villain in that open meeting.
- Vijayashanti as Jhansi, a college lecturer
- Chandra Mohan as Gopala Krishna, a lawyer
- Rajasekhar as Prakash, a police officer
- Charan Raj as Kalidasu, a criminal
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as a politician
- Rallapalli, a lawyer of Kali
- Suthivelu as Srisailam, a police constable
- Y. Vijaya
- Chitti Babu
- Narra Venkateswara Rao
- Vizag Prasad
- Ee Dhuryodhana - S. Janaki (Lyrics: Veturi Sundara Rama Murty)
- Hechariko Hecharika(Lyrics: Veturi Sundara Rama Murty)
- Vayasu Courtu(Lyrics: Veturi Sundara Rama Murty)
- The film was a big hit at the box office and brought fame to T. Krishna and Vijayshanti.
- This film was later remade in Hindi as Pratighaat (1987) starred by Sujata Mehta and Nana Patekar.
- This film was dubbed in Tamil as 'Poo Ondru Puyalaanadhu' and became very big hit at the box office.
- Vijayashanti won Nandi Award for Best Actress and Filmfare Best Actress Award (Telugu) for her performance in this film
- Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu) won by Ramoji Rao.
- S. Janaki won the Nandi Award for Best Female Playback Singer for her Ee Duryadhana Dussasana.