Pratt & Whitney Wasp series
|R-2800 Double Wasp as fitted to an F4U Corsair|
|National origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||Pratt & Whitney|
The Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Company (P&W) was founded in 1925 by Frederick B. Rentschler, who had previously been the President of Wright Aeronautical. He brought with him some of Wright’s best designers and the new team quickly came up with their first design, the R-1340 Wasp.
- Pratt & Whitney R-1340 Wasp
- Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Junior
- Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Twin Wasp
- Pratt & Whitney R-1535 Twin Wasp Junior
- Pratt & Whitney R-2000 Twin Wasp
- Pratt & Whitney R-2180-E Twin Wasp E
- Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp
- Pratt & Whitney R-4360 Wasp Major
- Wright Cyclone series
- Gunston 1989, p.114.