NAIP aerial image, 2006
|Owner||Prattville Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||225 ft / 69 m|
Prattville–Grouby Field (FAA LID: 1A9) is a public-use airport located three nautical miles (3.5 mi, 5.6 km) southwest of the central business district of Prattville, a city in Autauga County, Alabama, United States. It is owned by the Prattville Airport Authority. It is also known as Prattville Airport or Autauga County Airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Prattville–Grouby Field covers an area of 82 acres (33 ha) at an elevation of 225 feet (69 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,400 by 100 feet (1,646 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending November 1, 2010, the airport had 8,754 aircraft operations, an average of 23 per day: 97% general aviation and 3% military. At that time there were 28 aircraft based at this airport: 86% single-engine and 14% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 1A9 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 30 June 2011.
- "Prattville Airport (1A9)". Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015: Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 4 October 2010.
- Photo of airport terminal
- Aerial image as of 28 February 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 1A9, effective April 27, 2017
- Official Website: http://prattvilleairport.com/
- Resources for this airport: