Chingri malai curry
|Alternative names||Prawn malai curry|
|Place of origin||Bengal|
|Associated national cuisine||India, Bangladesh|
|Main ingredients||Prawns and coconut milk|
|Variations||Lobster malai curry|
|This article is part of the series on|
Chingri malai curry (Bengali: চিংড়ি মালাই কারি) also known as Prawn malai curry, is a Bengali curry made from prawns and coconut milk and flavoured with spices. The dish is popular throughout Bengal and is served during weddings and celebrations, or for guests,[page needed] and was also very popular among the British in Calcutta.[page needed]
The hard shells of the prawns are removed and marinated. The prawns are then fried in hot oil along with onion, ginger, garlic, and stirred with turmeric and sugar and salt and coconut milk for a few minutes.
- "Prawn malai-curry (Bengali)". The Times of India.
- "Lip-smacking Bengali dishes". The Times of India.
- "10 Best Bengali Recipes". NDTV Food.
- Spice At Home. Bloomsbury Publishing. 22 January 2015. ISBN 9781472910912.
- Fish: Food from the Waters (illustrated ed.). Oxford Symposium. 1 January 1998. ISBN 9780907325895.
- "Chingri Malai Curry". NDTV Food.
- "Lobster Malay Curry". NDTV Food.
- "Recipe: Chingri Malaikari". Zee News.
- "10 Best Prawn Recipes". NDTV Food.