Prayag Film City
|Privately held company|
|Founded||15 April 2012|
|Headquarters||Chandrakona, west midenipur West Bengal, India|
|Mr. Basudeb Bagchi|
The Prayag Film City, also known as the Midnapore Film City or Chandrakona Film City, is supposed to be a mega size integrated complex and a one-stop entertainment destination to be opened to the public in two phases at Chandrakona, West Midnapore, 165 km from Kolkata. Built by the Prayag Group, over an area of 2,700 acres and costing ₹10 billion (US$150 million), Prayag Film City is going to be the World’s Largest Film City in terms of area as well as facilities.
This is the first of its kind film-making arena in Asia. The complex's first phase, designed by the noted art director Nitish Roy, is opened to public from 15 April 2012. The official brand ambassador of the film city complex is Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan, who is also West Bengal's tourism brand ambassador.
- "Film City Update".
- "SRK inaugurates the Prayag Film City". The Times of India. 16 April 2012.
- "SRK mania grips bengal village". The Times of India. 16 April 2012.
- Nag, Ashoke (4 April 2012). "Prayag Group embarks on their venture Prayag Film City". The Economic Times. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Shah Rukh Khan supports Rs 1000-crore project!". The Times of India. 4 April 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Preity and Priyanka to spice up IPL games". Daily Mail. 6 April 2012.
- Cinema of India
- Film and Television Institute of India
- State Institute of Film and Television
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute
|This article about a film studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|