Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pre-Indo-European means "preceding Indo-European". It may refer to various languages or linguistic or archaeological hypotheses depending on the context:
- Pre-Proto-Indo-European: for internal reconstruction aiming at the recovery of a stage earlier than the Proto-Indo-European language
- Old Europe (archaeology): the meaning of "pre-Indo-European" as used by Marija Gimbutas
- Pre-Indo-European languages: for several (not necessarily related) non-classified languages that existed in prehistoric Europe and South Asia before the arrival of bearers of Indo-European languages
- Neolithic Europe
- Proto-Indo-European Urheimat hypotheses
- Pre-Greek substrate
- Vasconic substratum theory
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pre-Indo-European.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.