Prebendal Farm, Aylesbury
Prebendal Farm shown within Buckinghamshire
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Prebendal Farm is a housing estate in Aylesbury (where the 2011 Census population was included), Buckinghamshire, England. It is located to the south of the town, bordered by the Oxford Road, the railway and the Bearbrook (a minor stream that rises in Bedgrove and is a tributary of the River Thame).
Prebendal Farm was originally a farm on the outskirts of the old town of Aylesbury, and was one of the primary locations where the Aylesbury duck industry was developed. The owner at that time was John Kersley Fowler who was the proposer of Benjamin Disraeli for Member of Parliament for Buckinghamshire.
The new housing estate was built in the 1970s and the major road through the estate was named after J. K. Fowler (above). Since then the estate has seen a period of decline to the extent that it is now recognised as one of the most relatively deprived areas of the district. This led to the Coldharbour ward (of which Prebendal Farm is a part) being the pilot Neighbourhood Policing initiative for the Thames Valley Police area and has subsequently led to the formation of a Residents' Group and youth club on the estate.
Bearbrook Combined School is a mixed primary school in Prebendal Farm.
Prebendal Farm is provided with a regular bus service to Aylesbury town centre by Z&S Buses. The Silver Rider service operates between the hours of 0600 and 2000 to a frequency of every 15 minutes, and provides a fast and popular link to the town.
- History of the Aylesbury duck
- "Mr. Disraeli And Tenant Right.". News. The Times (28253). London. Mar 3, 1875. col A, p. 8.
- Indices of Deprivation 2007
- Information on the Neighbourhood Policing Initiative from Coldharbour Parish Council
- New village pub plans revealed, the Bucks Herald 27 April, 2007
- Prebendal Farm Residents' Group
- Prebendal Farm Youth Club, information provided by Buckinghamshire County Council
- Ofsted Report
- DfES Performance Tables
- Buckinghamshire County Council - Schools Zone
|This Buckinghamshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|