|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2010)|
|Directed by||William Hanna
|Voices of||Don Messick
|Theme music composer||Hoyt Curtin|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||6 minutes (per short)|
|Production company(s)||Hanna-Barbera Productions|
|Original release||October 2, 1965– September 7, 1967|
|Related shows||The Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel Show|
The cartoon featured a large mangy dog named Precious Pupp and his owner Granny Sweet. Granny was a kindly woman with a passion for motorcycles, completely oblivious to the fact that her beloved, affectionate pet was something of a neighborhood terror. He had a habit of slipping behind a victim quietly---sometimes in defense of their home, sometimes just for the fun of it---and jolting him with a ferocious series of barks . . . but never where or when Granny could catch him in the act. Unlike many cartoon animals, Precious didn't speak. His usual vocalism was an asthmatic-sounding, "wheezing" laugh used even more famously by Muttley, a Hanna-Barbera character introduced three years later; he usually outsmarted his enemies, most notably Bruiser, the neighborhood bulldog, but he usually outsmarted his oblivious owner, too.
Twenty-six episodes were produced.
Season 1 (1965-1966)
|3||"Bites and Gripes"||1965·Oct·16|
|4||"Queen of the Road"||1965·Oct·23|
|5||"Crook Out Cook Out"||1965·Oct·30|
|6||"Next of Kin"||1965·Nov·06|
|12||"Test in the West"||1965·Dec·18|
|13||"Bones and Groans"||1965·Dec·25|
|16||"The Bird Watcher"||1966·Jan·15|
|19||"Pup, Skip and Jump"||1966·Feb·05|
|20||"A Grapple for the Teacher"||1966·Feb·12|
Season 2 (1966)
|21||"Pot Time Work"||1966·Sep·10|
|22||"A Fiend in Need"||1966·Sep·17|
- Don Messick - Precious Pupp, Bowling Champion, Officer Smith
- Janet Waldo - Granny Sweet
- Henry Corden - Burglar
- The episode "Precious Jewels" is available on the DVD Saturday Morning Cartoons 1960's Vol. 1.
- The episode "Bowling Pinned" is available on the DVD Saturday Morning Cartoons 1960's Vol. 2.
Precious Pupp in other languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: O Xodó da Vovó
- Spanish: Lindo Pulgoso
- Serbian: Kuče Dragoljupče
- Italian: Precious Pupp
- French: Charlemagne
- German: Poldi
- Hungarian: Cukorfalat
- Turkish: Değerli
- Granny Sweet later made an appearance in the Yo Yogi! episode "Super Duper Snag" voiced by Kath Soucie.
- Precious Pupp at the Internet Movie Database
- Precious Pupp at Don Markstein's Toonopedia. Archived from the original on September 4, 2015.
- Episode index at the Big Cartoon DataBase