Precision Response Corporation
|Founder||Mark J. Gordon and David Epstein|
|Services||outsourced call centers|
Number of employees
2,000 in South Florida
Precision Response Corporation is primarily an operator of outsourced call centers. Precision Response Corporation (PRC) was the fifth largest employer in Miami-Dade County in 2007 with over 6,000 employees.
The company was founded by Mark J. Gordon and David Epstein in 1982. Gordon and Epstein took the company public in 1996. In 2000 they sold PRC to USA Networks for $728 million. At the time of its acquisition PRC was a listed company on NASDAQ as PRRC. PRC has call centers in Miami, India, and the Philippines. USA Networks, Inc. was a diversified media and electronic commerce company with assets that included USA Cable, Home Shopping Network, and Ticketmaster.
In 2001 PRC, a division of USA Networks, was located in Ft. Lauderdale and had 11,000 employees total. In 2002 PRC was named recipient of the First Annual Beacon Council Award. At that time they had over 5,000 employees in Miami-Dade county and ranked as among the top 10 employers in the county. The call center is in Miami-Dade and the headquarters is in Ft. Lauderdale.
In 2010 Alorica acquired PRC, expanding its service offerings and establishing itself as the largest minority business enterprise (MBE) in the outsourced customer contact center industry in the U.S. In August 2011 it was reported that PRC founder David Epstein has reentered the call center business with a company called C3. It is located in Plantation, FL and has 52 employees at its headquarters. Rival PRC now has a Florida workforce of 2000.
- Beacon Council
- South Florida CEO June 2003
- South Florida CEO July 2003
- Alorica company website
- Carey 2011
- "Major Employers". Beacon Council. 2007. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "Still flying high - Entrepreneurs". South Florida CEO. June 2003. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "Alorica company website". Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "Motif press release". 20 February 2001. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "Precision Response Corporation Implements Changepoint for Its IT Department". South Florida CEO. 14 July 2003. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "USA Networks, Inc. Closes the Previously Announced Acquisition of Precision Response Corporation". IAC. 5 April 2000. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "Precision Response Corporation Named Recipient of the First Annual Beacon Council Award". PRNewswire. 16 January 2002. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- Carey, Bridget (9 August 2011). "Call Center Embraces Technology Shift". Miami Herald. pp. 8B.