Predator Ridge Resort
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Tourism, Real Estate|
|Headquarters||Vernon, British Columbia, Canada|
|Services||Resort, Golf, Lodging, Fine Dining|
|Owner||Predator Ridge Limited Partnership|
Predator Ridge Resort spans 1,200 acres and is home to a community of over 600 people. The community was acquired by Wesbild Holdings Ltd  in 2007.
Opened in 1991, Predator Ridge originally consisted of 27-holes, designed by Les Furber. The three nine-hole courses were named after resident birds of prey: The Osprey and The Red Tail (built in 1991) and eventually The Peregrine built in 2000.
To expand into a 36-hole golf facility, architect Doug Carrick was hired to build 9 new holes as well as renovate the original 9-hole Peregrine course. This new 18-hole golf course was renamed The Predator Course.
In 2010, Carrick opened another 18-hole course which was named The Ridge Course. Predator Ridge is the only Golf Digest 4.5 star course in the Okanagan, and was voted as the best BC golf course by the Vancouver Sun.
Designed by Carrick, the Ridge Course is a par-72 championship 18-hole course which opened in July 2010. It was voted best new golf course in Canada in 2010 by Scoregolf. From the tournament tees, The Ridge Course measures 7123 yards with a slope rating of 133 and course rating of 73.8.
The Predator course was designed by Furber. The course hosted the Telus World Skins Game, twice, in 2000 and 2008. It is a par-71 golf course with elevated greens and links-style bunkers. From the tournament tees, The Predator Course measures 7090 yards with a slope rating of 137 and course rating of 74.2.
- Predator Ridge Accepts Offer From Wesbild Archived January 22, 2011, at WebCite
- Predator Ridge tops Best of B.C. list
- Predator Ridge: Course architect Doug Carrick smacks another one out of the park in B.C Archived January 22, 2011, at WebCite
- New Ridge course at Predator one of B.C.'s best Archived January 22, 2011, at WebCite
- Ridge Course a Worthy Winner Archived January 22, 2011, at WebCite
- TELUS World Skins Game Returns To British Columbia’s Predator Ridge in 2008 - Inside Golf Archived January 22, 2011, at WebCite