Predelta National Park
|Predelta National Park|
Map of the National Park Predelta
|Location||Entre Ríos Province, Argentina|
|Governing body||Administración de Parques Nacionales|
The Predelta National Park is a national park of Argentina, located in south-west of the province of Entre Ríos, 6 km south from Diamante, in the Argentine Mesopotamia, at the beginning of the Paraná River Delta. The park was created on 13 January 1992 under the Law Nº 24.063, with an area 24.58 square kilometres to protect a sample of the Upper Delta of the Paraná, which belongs to the Paraná Delta and Islands Ecoregion. The Predelta is the area where the sediments of the Paraná start forming islands, while the river itself splits into several major arms and many smaller watercourses.
- Argentina Xplora.com. "Parque Nacional Pre-Delta" (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 September 2009.
- Administración de Parques Nacionales. "PN Predelta" (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 September 2009.
- Patrimonio Natural.com. "Pre-Delta" (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- Visiting Argentina.com. "Información sobre el Parque Nacional Predelta" (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- Administración de Parques Nacionales - National Parks Administration of Argentina
|This article about a place in Entre Ríos Province, Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a protected area in South America is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|