|Directed by||D. Rajendra Babu|
|Produced by||Rockline Venkatesh|
|Written by||Somaraj (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||D. Rajendra Babu|
|Story by||Remake of Darr (Hindi) (1993)|
Preethse (English: Love Me) is a 2000 Psychological thriller Kannada film starring Shivrajkumar, Upendra and Sonali Bendre. The film was directed by D Rajendra Babu and produced by Rockline Venkatesh. The film is a remake of the 1993 Bollywood film Darr. The film was dubbed in Telugu as Sadist.
The film begins with Kiran (Sonali Bendre), a college student, returning home to her brother (Ananth Nag) and his wife (Vanitha Vasu) for Holi celebrations and being obsessively stalked along the way by Chandra (Upendra), her classmate who has a crush on her. Kiran's boyfriend Surya (Shivrajkumar) is a Navy-Marine Commando officer, and is on a mission to free a child hostage from some terrorists on the high seas. Surya saves the child hostage. Surya's Captain is also the father of Chandra. Chandra tries to be friendly with Surya in order to be closer to Kiran.
When Kiran reaches home, she is continually stalked by Chandra on the phone. This causes much stress to herself and her family. He crashes Kiran's family's Holi celebrations incognito as a member of the band. Surya asks Kiran to offer the band some money for their performance, where Chandra, veiled in Holi colours, whispers "I love you, K-K-K-Kiran" to Kiran, which disturbs her greatly and a foot chase ensues to find the hooligan who's invaded their house, but Chandra soon disappears into the crowd.
When Chandra receives the news of Kiran and Surya's engagement, he tries to shoot and kill Surya when the couple is out shopping for a wedding ring. He misses his aim and Surya begins to chase him, from which Chandra narrowly escapes being recognized by Surya.
Kiran and Surya get married but Chandra still refuses to give up on Kiran. He defaces the newly married couple's home with graffiti declaring his love, causing more distress to them. To get away from the stalker, Surya takes Kiran on a surprise honeymoon to Australia. Learning their location through devious means, Chandra turns up at their hotel in the Alps. Kiran recognizes him from college and the couple welcomes him to be part of their festivities. That very evening, Surya finds out from Kiran's brother that Chandra is the one who has been Kiran's stalker all along. He sends Kiran away on a boat and confronts Chandra. Chandra tries to run, but Surya catches up with him in a forest where they have a fight. Chandra stabs Surya with a knife after feigning surrender, and leaves him for dead. He then goes to the boat and tries to forcefully abduct Kiran, he wants to marry Kiran without her consent. But Surya comes back and brutally beats him before shooting and killing him. Kiran and Surya then return to India and reunite with their family.
- "Holi Holi" - S. P. Balu, Rajesh Krishnan, Chitra, Anuradha Paudwal
- "Preethse Preethse" - Hemanth Kumar
- "Sai Sai Preethse" - Hariharan, Anuradha Paudwal
- "Surya Obba" - Anuradha Sriram, Suresh Peters
- "Yaar Ittaree Chukki" - Hariharan, Anuradha Paudwal
- "Yaaru Illa" - Suresh Peters
- "Mindless entertainment!". Rediff.com. 31 January 2000. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Shivarajkumar and Upendra together again? - Times of India".
- "Sonali Bendre has acted with Shivarajkumar and Upendra - Times of India".
- "Rediff On The NeT, Movies: Gossip from the Kannada film industry". www.rediff.com.
- "Rediff On The NeT, Movies: Gossip from the southern film industry". m.rediff.com.
- "Rediff preview of Kannada Blockbuster Preethse".