|Born||Hisar, Haryana, India|
|Alma mater||Whistling Woods International Institute|
|Occupation||Movie director, Film writer|
Born in Hisar, Haryana on 26 July, Preeti completed her school education from Campus School, Hisar. Preeti did her post graduation in psychology and then LLB but later due to her interest in films, joined Whistling Woods International Institute for a diploma in film direction.
Her first short movie Kala Paani was released in 2011 and won several awards. It was about the customary practices of the rural panchayats in Haryana. The movie was screened at New York Indian Film Festival 2011. She is currently running her own production house AAP Productions.
She is currently married to Amrit Aneja and has one son Astitva Aneja.
Awards and honours
- Best Young Film-maker (Promotion and Publicity) at 3rd Nashik International Film Festival for Kala Paani.
- Haryana State Cultural Award 2011
- Dadasaheb Phalke Golden Camera Award for her diploma film Kala Paani at the 3rd Jaipur International Film Festival.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-29. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- http://www.iaac.us/nyiff2011/shorts_from.htm Archived 2011-06-23 at the Wayback Machine.