This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1 Awards and recognition
- 2 Personal life
- 3 Writing career
- 4 Bibliography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Awards and recognition
Daily News and Analysis has described her as a 'Keenly observant mind' and The Times of India describes her writing as 'Excellent story telling skills'. Cosmopolitan has described her as 'one of the India's most popular authors', also she is the only woman in India's highest selling league.
During her school years, Preeti Shenoy studied in Kendriya Vidyalayas all over India. As a child, she liked to read, write, paint and draw pictures.
Shenoy's interests are as multifarious and diverse as her several academic degrees which include an internationally recognized qualification from the UK in portraiture. She is also a self-taught artist who paints with water colours and oils, and also works with mixed media.
She advises all aspiring writers to read and write more.
It's All in the Planets
'It's All in the Planets' released in September 2016. It is the story of Aniket, whose life revolves around two women, Trisha, his girlfriend and Nidhi, who is thirty-four and who has quit her corporate job to follow her passion. Nidhi is engaged to Manoj, Mr.Perfect, except for one aspect. Aniket and Nidhi meet on a train a chance encounter and she agrees to become his relationship coach . It’s a decision that sets into motion a chain of events that willhave a profound impact on the lives of everyone involved. The book is available on Kindle.
Why We Love The Way We Do
In The book, 'Why We Love The Way We Do’ deals with one of the most delicate issues of life - relationships. This is a collection of essays on relationships. This book discusses various aspects of relationships and helps the readers to find answers to their questions. This book reflects the author's trademark writing style which is full of insights complemented by a pinch of humor. It has been published by Westland publications. The book is available on Kindle.
It Happens for a Reason
In December 2014, she released yet another fiction novel, 'It Happens for a Reason,' the story of a single mother Vipasha whose small world is ripped into shreds when two major twists hit her life. An accident at her dog-boarding facility and the return of Ankush, the father of her son into her life bring chaos flowing in all ways. As Vee, Aryan and Ankush get into a roller-coaster heading straight to nowhere, the reader enjoys their bumpy ride. The book is available on Kindle.
The One You Cannot Have
Preeti Shenoy's fifth book, 'The One You Cannot Have' was released in November 2013. The book is based on the beat of true love, a heart touching and moving story of knotty relationships and enclosed emotions. The story revolves around Aman, Anjali and Shruti who are in search of true love from one other. The story unwinds the heart-warming love story between the three of them. The book is available on Kindle.
The Secret Wish List
Her fourth book, 'The Secret Wish List' was released in October 2012. ‘Secret Wish List’ is a fascinating story of a woman who tries to regain control of her life and fight against the matters that have made her life boring and monotonous. This story is a quest of finding the ‘true self’ and battling with the external world. Written in a detailed manner and powerful narration, this novel introduces readers to characters that are neatly sketched and come with deep values. The book is available on Kindle.
Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake
Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake was published by RHI on 1 February 2012 and is available in paperback. It is a story of an average woman and her average life full of imperfections. But amidst these imperfections lies an extraordinary story of an ordinary girl. The book is available on Kindle.
Life Is What You Make It
The second book by Preeti Shenoy, Life Is What You Make It, was published on January 1, 2011, and it turned out to be a national bestseller. The book has also featured in the “Top Books of 2011, ” a Nielsen list, which is released by the Hindustan Times. The book was also selected as one of the all-time bestsellers of 2011 by the Times of India. The book is available on Kindle.
34 Bubblegums and Candies
34 Bubblegums And Candies is a collection of short, real-life incidents that have inspired Preeti Shenoy in the course of her life. Using the analogy of bubblegums and candies, the title alludes to the various facets of life that go by unnoticed. Humorous and engaging, the book takes you through 34 real-life incidents covering a variety of characters. This book is available on Kindle.
Preeti Shenoy's journey began with a blog with an overwhelming response from her captivated readers. She started writing her blog in October 2006, which gradually but steadily increased in popularity. In 2008, after receiving a positive response from her readers she was offered an opportunity to write for a local newspaper, she also started writing for The Times of India and she was offered many such opportunities which made her way as an author. In the same year, she wrote articles for Reader's Digest 'Joy', and had her articles published in various other Indian newspapers and magazines. Preeti's poetry was published in the Sulekha Book Series.
- It's All in the Planets, Westland Ltd (2016)
- Why We Love The Way We Do, Westland Ltd (2015)
- It Happens For A Reason, Westland Ltd (2014)
- The One You Cannot Have, Westland Ltd (2013)
- The Secret Wish List, Westland Ltd (2012)
- Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake, Random House India (2012)
- Life Is What You Make It, Srishti Publishers (2011)
- 34 Bubblegums and Candies, Srishti Publishers (2008)
- "Nielsen India Consumer Rankings" (PDF). Nielsen.com. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Forbes India Celebrity 100 Nominees List for 2015; Forbes India Blog". Forbesindia.com. Retrieved 2015-09-09. "Forbes Celebrity 100 Nominees List 2014". Forbes India. "Forbes Celebrity 100 Nominees List 2013". Forbes India.
- "A League of Their Own". India Today.
- "Preeti Shenoy". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Blog - Preeti Shenoy".
- "Kindle Edition: It's all in the planets".
- "Amazon.in: Why We Love The Way We Do".
- "It Happens for a Reason: Kindle Edition".
- "Amazon.in: The One You Cannot Have".
- "Amazon.in: Secret Wish List".
- "Amazon.in: Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake".
- "Top Books of 2011(in India)".
- "Amazon.in: Life Is What You Make It".
- "Amazon.in: Life is What You Make It".
- "Amazon.in: 34 Bubblegums and Candies".
- "Amazon.in: 34 Bubblegums and Candies".
- "Sulekha.com launches Sulekha Book Series". Indiaprwire.com. 2008-05-21. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "Why We Love The Way We Do by Preeti Shenoy". Amazon.in. Retrieved 2015-09-09.
- "It Happens For A Reason by Preeti Shenoy". Amazon.in. Retrieved 2015-09-09.
- "Preeti Shenoy’s The One You Cannot Have | Youth Diaries". Youthdiaries.in. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "DNA E-Paper - Daily News & Analysis -Mumbai,India". Epaper.dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- Bansal, Varsha (2013-01-05). "Preeti's secret wish list". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "Of that never-sinking ship…". The Hindu. 2013-02-08. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "REVEALED: The books India read in 2012! - Rediff Getahead". Rediff.com. 2012-12-27. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- Catherine Rhea Roy (2012-02-22). "Along the way". The Hindu. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "Hindustan Times e-Paper". Epaper.hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "Books - Buy Books Online at Best Prices in India". Flipkart.com. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- ISBN 81-88575-68-2, ISBN 978-81-88575-68-8
- "Life is beautiful". The Hindu. 2008-10-15. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- Preeti Shenoy's website
- Preeti Shenoy's blog
- Preeti Shenoy - Twitter
- Book Preview of Preeti Shenoy's new book, The Secret Wish List
- Interview with Preeti Shenoy
- Life Is What You Make It – The Book
- 34 Bubblegums and Candies – The Book
- Tea For Two and a Piece of Cake
- An Interview with Preeti Shenoy, Author
- The One You Cannot Have – Flipkart